So Icey Boy

GabeCastro

Established Member
Update on my cham, So Icey Boy.

Bought him as a Nosy Faly in March, Turns out he's Ambanja :rolleyes: Well, to me he looks more Ambanja than anything. Or Nosy Be x Ambanja, who knows. Got a good deal on him so i'm not complaining :p I knew he wouldn't be a Nosy Faly, just took a gamble so i'm not surprised at all nor angry.

Plus it's kinda cool to watch your cham grow and figure out what the hell he is! haha

As of now, So Icey Boy is about 8 months old and pretty healthy.

I can't find any chams that resemble him, He looks a lot like a Nosy be, but with red rain all along his belly, inside his blue bars, eye turrets, etc. With all that red I assume he's Ambanja. He has some yellow on his lips like a Nosy Be aswell. His reds you see get extremely bright, wish I could show him fired up! My best guess will say he's crossed, but I'm no expert with panther locale identification. Any assumptions / ideas would be greatly appreciated! I also see some purples!

*I can't get this guy to fire up at all...nothing will work, he's starting to drop sperm plugs so i'm wondering if showing him a female will get him going. Tried making him watch some youtube HD female panther vid's but he didn't care at all ;) lol.

First 2 pics are from today, still has shed skin on his turrets/tail.

http://s942.photobucket.com/user/GabeCastriYo/media/IMG_1114_zps9a974ef5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

Looks like one of mine, ours could be twins:)

Mine is a (RedBar x BlueBar) Ambilobie. He is to mello to fire up as well, even when other males fire up at him-lol

He looks very handsome! You are doing a great job with him. Just make sure to get regular fecals. No matter how healthy these guys look and act they can still have parasites and the faster we find out and treat, the better chance of them having a quick recovery.

Looks like one of mine, ours could be twins:)

Mine is a (RedBar x BlueBar) Ambilobie. He is to mello to fire up as well, even when other males fire up at him-lol

Really? Got any pics of your guy, curious to see how yours looks haha. I can't find any pics of ambanja's with red inside their blue bars.

He looks very handsome! You are doing a great job with him. Just make sure to get regular fecals. No matter how healthy these guys look and act they can still have parasites and the faster we find out and treat, the better chance of them having a quick recovery.

Thanks Jann! Got a fecal done last month, always paranoid so I try to get them done frequently. Also got a check up, he's about 85g right now. He had a retained shed which he didn't eat for sometime, his dead skin was thick as a potatoe chip :( just yesterday he completed a entire body shed in 2 days so he's doing much better. Also he's been eating allot more which I'm trying to fatten him up haha.

Ambanja for sure. Possible Nosy Be mix, but the Ambanja traits are there. Nihlus gets the red dashes on his bars too. Ice looks great by the way! :)

Back
Top Bottom