so i know its bad if ur cham sleeps in the day but...

MollyGreen

Since, its spring, it got hot in my apartment. My heat was still on, its 72 outside but suppose to snow tomorrow. My female jackson was gaping and she never does that and i checked her basking light and it was 92, yeah, for a jackson chameleon thats pretty high, and bad them. Well, needless to say, i sprayed my female down and all of the rest of my chams and turned the AC on to about 70, i went to fedex to check for a package, came back 2 hours later and my male jackson is passed out. There was a temperature drop of about 20 degrees and it made him fall asleep. Hes such a good judge of the temperature drops and rises he wakes up and is at his basking light at 530 am when all of the his lights are turned off. I usually take a shower at that time and i turn the heat on so im not cold when i get out. Everyday he is awake in the dark. does anyone else have chams that are temperature vs. light judges?

my panther male is like that my hubby gets up at 4:30 am and starts waking up as well.
he usually goes down to his night time sleeping spot around 5:30 or 6ish in the evening.
since day 1 he has done this. aren't chams one of the neatest characters?:D

Back
Top Bottom