So I just received my 1 st Cham cage from LL reptiles and I have a question

CMA0936

I purchased and put together my 1st Cham cage. It is a 24x24x48. I also bought the drip tray to collect the extra water at the bottom of the cage. When I put the plastic sigh board material at the bottom the water just drips down and collects at the bottom. So I took it out and just had the drip tray. Then the freakin crickets started to escape! I left that for my cats to clean up and catch them. So I am really confused on how this cage works. Help please! I will be adding live plants as well but not for a couple of days. I was also bummed that mopo wood that I had would not fit in the cage. I was using that to keep up the humidity in the cage. Any suggestions would be great. This is what it looks like so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Do you know where the crickets are escaping from?

I don't know how the drip pan is set up on those so I am not sure. Soed the sign board at the bottom have any drain holes in it?

if your able to get a potted plant, home depot sells umbrella plants that fit nicely in a 4ft cage.

Other than that.. You don't need the red light.

You need a basking bulb (heat lamp with white light not red) and a UV light

Dez is right. Ditch the red night light. You need to get a basking heat lamp. His basking spot should be around 85 - 90 degrees and as long as your house doesnt drop below 60 at night, you can turn off all the heat at night. Also, you need a UVB lamp so he can get his "sunlight" while in the house. they come in long florescent tubes in different strengths. For the chameleons you would want 5.0.

You also need a lot more plants and vines for him to climb on and hide in. The more plants helps with humidity and for him to feel comfortable in his enclosure. There is a list on these forums somewhere that tells you which ones are safest. Personally, I have two umbrella plants (one big, one small) and a corn plant.

As far as the water pooling at the bottom, you need to drill small holes so the water can drain into the pan.

Back
Top Bottom