So I got some eggs...

SublimeReptiles

Hi ladies and gents, thank you for letting me into the group! This weekend I obtained 2 ambilobe panther eggs in trade for some roaches. I have kept cham before (gracilis and peacock), but these will be my first panthers. My question is not so much on their care when they hatch but as to the incubation. I have been trying to read up on it, and also go off of the info he has given me. He had said they will be in diapause for the next 2 months, and after that I should slightly increase the temps. My question is if diapause is for the next two months, about how far along are these eggs? I meant to ask him that but we were trying to close up the show I was vending and forgot to ask him. And I know the incubation period on these guys is much longer than I am used to (I personally breed cresteds, chahoua, and phelsuma geckos). I read total anywhere from 6 months and on up. I have them at about 72 degrees right now but I keep reading conflicting material saying 72, others saying upwards of 78. Should I keep them about where they are at now through the entire incubation, or should I slightly increase the temps at the 2 month mark? Am I too low to begin with and increase the temps now as it is? Just trying to get this right as I would like to see my eggs make it through to hatching, and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I always hatched mine by putting them in a closet and just let room temperature do its thing.

Carl

70-75/76 degrees is perfectly fine for incubation. Furcifer pardalis does not require a diapause for incubation either. It may change the eggs hatch time though.

I have heard of pardalis hatching from 5 months to well over a year. The majority being in the 6-8 month range.

How far along are your eggs? I cannot say for certain... You should ask the person whom you received them from to get an idea when to start checking them often. (Usually around the 5 month mark, every other day or so.)

As Carl said, The closet method is a common practice among many who breed pardalis. Keeping them at the temps you have now, they should hatch in average time given the eggs are fertile.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Ok thank you! I am in no hurry for these guys to hatch out, would rather do it right than do it in a hurry. So I am more than open for anyone's advice on how to have some healthy babies.

Yes I did. I was vending next to Chameleons by Eric which was who I got the eggs from. I asked if he was selling them (the eggs) and he asked if I would trade roaches for them and I was happy to. My boyfriend has wanted one for a while but I have said no since my main focus is geckos.

Back
Top Bottom