So I found this bird (white pigeon?)

KevinA

Avid Member
Ya, so this bird was under my neighbors truck.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/7kevinanderson/100_3842.jpg
It would have been eaten tonight as the coyotes are numberous in my neighborhood, and come right up to my door every night and I hear when they make kills every night too. So I just grabbed it. Didnt even put up a struggle so it's not been loose for long. It has a tag that says SIMI AU 287 if that means something to anyone.

Anyway, it cant get lift right now, it can fly like a chicken, but not full flight. Im not really sure what to do with this bugger.

Anyone know what I should feed it, seeds mix. ect. Water?

Also, it has some type of mite/lice. Id like to free it from them before it goes wild again.

This thing is pretty cool though, it just lays in my hand:)

Thanks,

Kevin,

p.s. I put this message in the lounge b/c I thought it would get more attention and it's not really a pet. If it needs to be moved thats fine:)

Banding programs

Hey,

Call 1-800-327 Band (2263).

I don't know how old the number is, but this used to be the phone number for the federal avian banding program. You call and tell the number where you are and how you found the bird. They will be able to tell you the type of bird and what you need to do with it.

Good luck,
Matthew

The food and water part.

A safe option for this bird is free choice water. Seed would be okay if you have it. For the short term, dry dog food soaked in water seems to work okay.

If you check the net, you should be able to find a wildlife rehabilitator near you, though that might be someones pet. The banding people might be able to tell you which.

Hey,

Call 1-800-327 Band (2263).

I don't know how old the number is, but this used to be the phone number for the federal avian banding program. You call and tell the number where you are and how you found the bird. They will be able to tell you the type of bird and what you need to do with it.

Good luck,
Matthew

actually calling that number for this bird will be of no help. That is a racing pigeon and the AU in the code stands for the American Racing Pigeon Union. You can contact them and they can probably find the owner for you.

http://www.pigeon.org/carelostbird.htm

Back
Top Bottom