so i found a baby rabbit...

naich

while mowing the lawn he/she hoped out from the active mower shivering...if i was daydreaming then he/she would'nt be here right now...i have 2 hunting cats in our neighbors possesion that have killed adults in the past...so if i can catch it..they shure can...so i picked him up and put him in a tubbaware that about 15 inches long...and 8 inches across..he has some wild herbs and a little lettuse and a handful of grass shavings....i just want to keep him till he is a little bigger and can hopefully outrun those stinken cats.....im ot looking to spend much money...not to sound cheap but...if he starts to cost me...then ill just let him go....he is about 5 inches and looks like this....

http://tactrain.net/docs/images/general_images/Baby Rabbit 05-30-04 003.jpg

any advise will be VERY apreshiated.

okay...so i let it go...i made it yelp and the mother/father came withing 15 yeards of me so i let the baby go...he ran into the bushes about 5 feet from the mom...and that was that....back to tearing up the grass!

i just checked and the baby is curled up under the bush...and the momma rabbit is still in the general area.

It is always best to just leave wild animals alone. The 1% of the time that someone actually rescues an animal doesn't make up for the 99% of the time that the mother is just out of sight. Bambi did terrible things for this country.. You did good to release it.

Back
Top Bottom