So excited

Calci-worms are just another name for BSFL (Black Soldier Fly Larva).
Yes, they're good for chameleons, but should still be fed with a variety of others.
Variety is always best; both for nutrition and it better simulates a natural diet.

1628607082641.png

Calci-worms are just another name for BSFL (Black Soldier Fly Larva).
Yes, they're good for chameleons, but should still be fed with a variety of others.
Variety is always best; both for nutrition and it better simulates a natural diet.

View attachment 307344
Ohhhhhh okay I didn’t know they were same thing as bsfl that’s good to know and yea I’m giving him usually a mix of stuff

I didn’t know we were to feed the bsfl! Do we feed carrots and greens like our other feeders?
Most don’t feed their bsfl anything. I feel bad for starving them and about once a week give them some veggies or bug burger. I have found that they seem to pupate into flies faster though. That’s fine for me as I prefer giving my chams the flying treats more than the larva.

Most don’t feed their bsfl anything. I feel bad for starving them and about once a week give them some veggies or bug burger. I have found that they seem to pupate into flies faster though. That’s fine for me as I prefer giving my chams the flying treats more than the larva.
So do I, mine shun the larvae. Larvae will eat squash, etc. but will strip those little mini sweet peppers down to skin as thin as tissue paper.

Bonus is, if you keep them in coco coir and feed them, the coir turns into this wonderful humus for the garden.

Back
Top Bottom