So Excited!

akannielm

My veiled is laying her first clutch right now! She's about a year old. I can't believe how exciting this is. Who knew a person could love a chameleon this much! My husband, daughter and friends laugh at me She can be a feisty little turd but I adore her ❤

Welcome to the forum and to the world of chameleons! Be very careful...it's addictive!!!
Infertile or fertile eggs? If they're infertile count them so you know if you're overfeeding her or not.

Welcome to the forum and to the world of chameleons! Be very careful...it's addictive!!!
Infertile or fertile eggs? If they're infertile count them so you know if you're overfeeding her or not.
Thank you! I was addicted the first time I met a veiled. My husband's niece had one and I was instantly hooked!
They're infertile. I will check the number for sure. A month ago she was eating like mad but she slowed down in the last month.
I'm so glad I found this forum. I never owned a reptile of any kind and didn't have a clue. Thank God for all the information on here!

This site is a great place for people to learn about chameleons! There are lots of knowledgeable people on here!

This site is a great place for people to learn about chameleons! There are lots of knowledgeable people on here!
I feel terrible. She layed 83 eggs I wondered why it took her a whole day. She is a year old and this is her first clutch. Obviously I'm feeding her too much. I give her medium crickets and sometimes meal worms. She doesn't have any interest in greens. Should I cut her down to 15 a day or is that too much also?

As an adult, you can giver her 8 to 10 every other day. It might be less if you are trying to keep her clutches small. Somebody that knows can chime in. Also, it is good to mix up her food items a bit. Add some superworms and roaches to the mix for variety. You can also cut down on clutch size by lowering her metabolism. You can do this by keeping her basking temps at 80.

Back
Top Bottom