So Cal Earthquakes: How are your pets doing?

qdude46

For those who are in aware there's been a lot of earthquakes recently in soithern California including a 5.1, 4.1, and 3.3. Have anybody's chameleons or other pets been acting strange? Did it hurt and of your pets? At the time I had my rats out and the one rat they has never sat still sat in my hands for a few minutes and then slept at my side until a little less than a minute before yesterday's 4.1 quake at 2:30. My friend said her ball python was out of his hide at a time he always is inside of it, and was lunging at the tank sides until the big 5.1 came on Friday. Weird how animals can be.

I haven't noticed any behavior in my chameleons, but it took the curl out of the tail of my Shiba inu dog. She was NOT amused by these earthquakes!

Several years ago I had a pair of finches. One day they spent all day on the floor of the cage in the corner, super quiet. Finches are never quiet. I was actually really worried about their behavior since it was so out of character. That night at about 3 am, we had a earthquake - really small, you could barely feel it. I slept through it actually. Next day, Hobart and Dierdre were back to their normal bouncy, chirpy selves. Very weird. I always wondered if it was just a coincidence.

Glad that none of your guys' were harshly damaged. I wasn't at home for he biggest one so when my mom called me, my second question after are you ok was are my tanks ok?

Back
Top Bottom