Snowing in Hawaii?

I think the snow blizzard only applies to the mountain peaks. For better or for worse, it's never that easy to wipe out an invasive species. The jacksonii should be fine.

Once an invasive population hits a certain population size, it is basically impossible to remove the species from the new environment completely. So jackson's chameleons will remain in Hawaii for as long as I can see. It sucks that humans introduce invasive species to new environments; however, at the same time, I don't have the strength to bring myself to do anything about the current situation. They are living creatures. Too bad we can't just find a way for them to live out the rest of their lives without reproducing. It just highlights how one person can taint the image of a single hobby. It just takes one guy who recklessly let his jacksonii acclimate in the garden, to create a situation where outsiders can point their fingers and argue that we shouldn't have these reptiles because they will become invasive.

Florida has the same issues with hundreds of different invasive species. It’s not the animals fault someone let them go there but they are the ones to suffer because if you catch one you either have to keep it as a pet or euthanize it. It’s really sad!
Plecos, an invasive species that were introduced to Florida’s ecosystem because of people recklessly releasing their store-bought ones in the wild, are horrible for manatees, as they’re decimating the grasses that manatees eat to survive. It’s super sad, plus they’re terrifying to see huge masses of giant ones when you’re expecting to see manatees instead.

Plecos, an invasive species that were introduced to Florida’s ecosystem because of people recklessly releasing their store-bought ones in the wild, are horrible for manatees, as they’re decimating the grasses that manatees eat to survive. It’s super sad, plus they’re terrifying to see huge masses of giant ones when you’re expecting to see manatees instead.
manatees and plecos do coexist in the amazons thou. So there is something else missing there if it doesn´t work in florida. Perhaps giant river others or suchs. Plecos are actually edible. White fish.

Florida has the same issues with hundreds of different invasive species. It’s not the animals fault someone let them go there but they are the ones to suffer because if you catch one you either have to keep it as a pet or euthanize it. It’s really sad!
Sooooo sad.

manatees and plecos do coexist in the amazons thou. So there is something else missing there if it doesn´t work in florida. Perhaps giant river others or suchs. Plecos are actually edible. White fish.
Plecos also harass the manatees, wearing them out and making them work harder for things they need, which can lead to many health issues for them. Plecos do not have any natural predators in Florida, either, as opposed to the Amazon, where their population stays in check due to their predators. The manatees are two different species, as well, which probably makes some difference.

Plecos also harass the manatees, wearing them out and making them work harder for things they need, which can lead to many health issues for them. Plecos do not have any natural predators in Florida, either, as opposed to the Amazon, where their population stays in check due to their predators. The manatees are two different species, as well, which probably makes some difference.
I don´t know, atleast what is regardng the species of manatees should not matter really. But lack of predators could be the reason.

It just takes one guy who recklessly let his jacksonii acclimate in the garden, to create a situation where outsiders can point their fingers and argue that we shouldn't have these reptiles because they will become invasive.
Unfortunately, it hasn't been just one guy, one place, or one species. :( The reality is, humans are humans and for better or worse, intentionally or naively, some are jerks no matter what.

I just learned about Pecos.
1638789576975.png
Variables surrounding invasive species are always complex.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=factors+affecting+invasive+species

I would keep all of the chameleons I found and when I ran out of space I would have kids, for the tax deductions and to take care of animals for me! (That was a joke lol)

Back
Top Bottom