sneak peak of my chams new casa'

snow

l_89a3b895ba3c62ea1771e8220aa957c5.jpg

not done with the decor yet but here is a lil peak.

Sneak Peak.........

Nice plants :) Are you going to put some climbing branches in there? Also are you going to have anything between the bottom mesh and the floor? I'm visualizing poop getting on your floor...............

Nice plants :) Are you going to put some climbing branches in there? Also are you going to have anything between the bottom mesh and the floor? I'm visualizing poop getting on your floor...............

yes I have a liner for the bottom, and there will be plenty more plants and fake vines twisted all throughout the top. like I said just a preview should be done by friday:D

i really dont care for those cages. i have a smaller one and i felt like it was to dark inside and the bulbs didnt shine into the cage well. i ended up making one yesterday and today for 65 dollars fully furnished. it measure 50x24x20. i use aluminum screen. much easier to see through and nicer. i can post it if you want.

yea it took 3 trips to home depot but it fits next to my bed perfect and is just made for what i needed. i almost put plywood on the top and installed light fixtures to screw the bulbs into. it wasnt tall enough to do it tho.

my humidity is 55% is that ok?

55% is ok..
humidity fluctuation for veiled is totally fine.
my thumb rule is as long as you keep it between 40 to 70%, it should be fine.
just so you know the more humid the cage, the more likely it'll develop molds and fungus.

IMHO your humidity is quite perfect.

You say humdity fluctuation is ok. Does it matter if the fluctuation happens over a long term or short term. I assume long term fluctuation is ok, like seasonal changes, but Im curious about the short term, like after I spray, humdity goes up for maybe and hour ar so, but then drops back to down high 40's.

somebody correct me if i am mistaken.. but i think short term fluctuation is fine as long as it does not go below or higher than your cham's tolerance.
I believe it's around 40 to 70% for veiled is fine. This species is quite hardy
and tough to handle such fluctuation.

If you live in an arid place like me, then obviously you need to mist more often.

Be careful and always monitor the hygrometer.
This winter is a bit crazy. I woke up the other day feeling queasy and my throat felt so dry only to realize that my room was dangerously losing the humidity (15%) needed even for human to survive...

That was a wake up call for me to get a humidifier.
Now, my room is always about 40% humid and that's the lowest humidity for my chameleon cage.
Since i put lots of plants and mist it often, the range in the cage goes from 40% during the most dry day to occasional 80% during the night.

70-80 seems a little high when it comes to making sure that you don't have a haven for bacteria. You want the cage to dry out in between mistings.

Back
Top Bottom