Snake people?

And frozen is always better than live food. Just hold the mouse by the tail and swing him around the sand boas face. 9 out of 10 sand boas will take frozen thawed.

Before I fell head over heals for chameleons all I had were snakes. I had litterally 1000s come and go. Lots of sand boas to.
Am I correct to assume it's a Kenyan sand boa?
If I'm correct be careful when trying to locate him if you are trying to take him out. They are expert ambush predators. They are naturally kinda jumpy. Most of them will bite you eventually.
Do not give him sand to burrow under. They can easily ingest it. I always kept mine on Sani chips. They will get all the way under it with just the tiniest bit of there nose sticking out. This is how they naturally are able to catch there food. There basically invisible as far as there food items are concerned.
No UVB required. Give him a nice hot spot. Under tank heaters work well. And make sure it doesn't cover more than half. That way he can regulate his own body temp. NO HOT ROCKS!! They have been burning snakes since they were first made.
Yes he's a Kenyan sand boa. The girl that gave him to me gave me an under the tank heater and she was keeping him in sand. I despise hot rocks. I've never used them for any of the herps I've kept. He's a little guy, about 10 inches. My chams bite me, if he bites me I'm okay with it and it's not like I haven't been bitten by a snake before. We have garter snakes here and when I find them outside I always have to pick them up because they are so darn cute. I don't even try to stop them from biting me it's almost comical.

I had the pleasure of growing a 9ft female albino Burmese Python to a 13ft one over the course of 3-4 years while I was in college. It took a lot of large feeder rats and rabbits. It was my fraternity's mascot - Sigma Nu Snakes! She was very friendly and we took her outside and put her on the front lawn for short periods of time (she gets sunburnt and turns pink if she's out for too long due to being an albino). Most people would run over to pet her and ask about her since she was the largest snake that they've ever seen. A few people would run to the other side of the street because they were scared. It's not like she was very fast and could eat them. But having a snake was awesome, especially a giant one like Pandora.

Snaaaaaake
20160714_201514.jpg
20160714_201450.jpg
20160714_201514.jpg
20160714_201450.jpg
This is Mr. Danger Noodle

I had the pleasure of growing a 9ft female albino Burmese Python to a 13ft one over the course of 3-4 years while I was in college. It took a lot of large feeder rats and rabbits. It was my fraternity's mascot - Sigma Nu Snakes! She was very friendly and we took her outside and put her on the front lawn for short periods of time (she gets sunburnt and turns pink if she's out for too long due to being an albino). Most people would run over to pet her and ask about her since she was the largest snake that they've ever seen. A few people would run to the other side of the street because they were scared. It's not like she was very fast and could eat them. But having a snake was awesome, especially a giant one like Pandora.
I never see Burmese Pythons for sale. I seen Under Ground Reptiles sells baby Reticulateds for 100 dollars.

Give me weird looks when they see the chams. Now I'm throwing a snake into the mix. They need to start a meet my herp dating site. Lol

Give me weird looks when they see the chams. Now I'm throwing a snake into the mix. They need to start a meet my herp dating site. Lol
My wife really doesn't like any animals but dogs. She is more scared of animals then a bunny is of an eagle. She is even scarred of dead ones. When I bring home something like a raccoon she gets all jumpy.

My wife really doesn't like any animals but dogs. She is more scared of animals then a bunny is of an eagle. She is even scarred of dead ones. When I bring home something like a raccoon she gets all jumpy.
Oh that's really sad. I love all animals and there's no animal I'm afraid of. I couldn't imagine feeling like that.

There are animals I am afraid of.

I've felt part of the food chain a few times, female great white a few feet away while surfing by far the scariest moment of my life. I thought for sure I was going to see a friend die in front of me she cruised on the surface to within a boards length of him and went right under. The dorsal fin was at eye level sitting upright on a longboard. I think about it everytime I've surfed since, always lingering in the back of my mind what's out there. Also had a few close calls with reptiles, cottonmouths can see your kayak or paddleboard as a nice floating island to try and rest on.... ever leave fish a stringer? don't try here leave one tied to your kayak either an alligator or a bull shark will give your a free tow whatever direction they are headed for second dinner. Florida is a fun place to grow up playing on and in the water.

Yea that would frighten me too. Delaware is pretty benign. I wouldn't want to confront a buck in rut but other than that our wildlife won't hurt you. We did have a great white that got confused and swam up the Delaware Bay this year otherwise just watch out for jellyfish. Sounds like you've had some exciting adventures.

I've felt part of the food chain a few times, female great white a few feet away while surfing by far the scariest moment of my life. I thought for sure I was going to see a friend die in front of me she cruised on the surface to within a boards length of him and went right under. The dorsal fin was at eye level sitting upright on a longboard. I think about it everytime I've surfed since, always lingering in the back of my mind what's out there. Also had a few close calls with reptiles, cottonmouths can see your kayak or paddleboard as a nice floating island to try and rest on.... ever leave fish a stringer? don't try here leave one tied to your kayak either an alligator or a bull shark will give your a free tow whatever direction they are headed for second dinner. Florida is a fun place to grow up playing on and in the water.
The opening day of bear season a few years ago I got up at like 3 am and was out in the woods by 4 am. I never felt the kind of feeling I did when I was walking to my active bait site in pitch black and the only light I had was my phone, and its not a big bright smart phone. I had a pit in my stomach. When I checked the camera there had been 2 bears there eating about an hour before I got there.

The opening day of bear season a few years ago I got up at like 3 am and was out in the woods by 4 am. I never felt the kind of feeling I did when I was walking to my active bait site in pitch black and the only light I had was my phone, and its not a big bright smart phone. I had a pit in my stomach. When I checked the camera there had been 2 bears there eating about an hour before I got there.
I don't know if that was lucky for you or lucky for the bears

I have 2 a (high yellow) green tree python 2 1/2 year old female and a emerald tree boa 7 mouth old both eating Frozen rats except the boa rat pup I first thawed them out and pre-heat with a heat lamp they hunt and night and use there heat receptors to target that pray..

ooohhhhh.... @savage13 emeralds and green trees are soooo nice!! but they pretty crazy, nasty bite too!!

I have kept snakes for years. Currently only keeping a few Balls.
Have kept Burmese (9'-11') We were breeding rabbits for their food, got rid of them when we started having kids
Carpet pythons (10')
Brazillian rainbow boas(beautiful snakes)
Red tail boas (10+')
Iran Jaya python
Amazon tree boa
Probably more I am forgetting...

Back
Top Bottom