Snails

I found some snails under my school building. Can I feed these to Mobi?
WIN_20201120_15_10_41_Pro.jpg

Only helix asperas. But I wouldn't recommend feeding anything from outside in case of risk of something on them.

So far as I know, the danger with wild caught bugs is from pesticides, not parasites. Snails can be a bit of a different story because of the whole lung worm thing, but I’ve already addressed that. Your Cham will most likely be fine, and there’s nothing to panic about.

Like previously said, your chameleon is probably fine. There's not a 100% chance that snail had parasites, and there's not a 100% chance that even if it did, the parasite would continue its life cycle in your chameleon.
Any load of parasites, regardless of its life stage, can chip away at your chameleon's immune system, though- which is why it's recommended to have your chameleon checked for parasites anyway, regardless of whether its been munching on snails or not! :)

As mentioned, the worry is usually from rat lungworm, which seems to effect multiple animals and isn't as species specific as most. Still probably pretty rare though.

Back
Top Bottom