Snail's ??

Do the shells not hurt the chams when chewing ? Snails were just coming around when I got out of Chams so I'm behind.

Do you have a problem with fruit or scuttle flies?

Ugh, yes. Off and on, we have issues with either gnats (yellow sticky paper works best) or fruit flies (BeapCo brand traps work great for these). It's hard to keep the soil moist enough for the snails to lay eggs but dry enough to discourage gnats. The hubby is the keeper of the snail farm. Every other month or so, he replaces the soil entirely with new baked soil (baking kills wild slug and snail eggs plus whatever gnats are in the dirt). That helps a lot.

Ugh, yes. Off and on, we have issues with either gnats (yellow sticky paper works best) or fruit flies (BeapCo brand traps work great for these). It's hard to keep the soil moist enough for the snails to lay eggs but dry enough to discourage gnats. The hubby is the keeper of the snail farm. Every other month or so, he replaces the soil entirely with new baked soil (baking kills wild slug and snail eggs plus whatever gnats are in the dirt). That helps a lot.
Thanks.

Do the shells not hurt the chams when chewing ? Snails were just coming around when I got out of Chams so I'm behind.
You feed them the snails when they're about the size of a dime. At that size the shells are relatively soft and easy to digest.

On their FAQ page
How can www.SnailsInTheMail.com ship to me without me applying for a PPQ 526 permit? Great question and this is what truly sets our company aside from any other snail company in the USA.

1: We network with a snail provider/permit holder that is already located in your state. Once we receive the order, we forward it on and they fill your order within your own state. This avoids the PPQ 526 form altogether.

What if there are no snails providers in my state? We are happy to accept your order and fill it once we have a snail provider in your area. Orders are filled as received and you can cancel your order at any point for a full refund.

On their FAQ page
How can www.SnailsInTheMail.com ship to me without me applying for a PPQ 526 permit? Great question and this is what truly sets our company aside from any other snail company in the USA.

1: We network with a snail provider/permit holder that is already located in your state. Once we receive the order, we forward it on and they fill your order within your own state. This avoids the PPQ 526 form altogether.

What if there are no snails providers in my state? We are happy to accept your order and fill it once we have a snail provider in your area. Orders are filled as received and you can cancel your order at any point for a full refund.
I live in Alabama, so it might be a little while before they get a snail distributor near me.

I guess it depends on the restaurants in Alabama. If there is a place that serves snails your set.
It can't all be catfish & hush puppies. Great, now I have a craving.

Back
Top Bottom