Snails and MORE!

TheLetterAfterP(Q)

Avid Member
I finally took the step and made my snail enclosure about one month ago. Since then the enclosure along with the snails are doing amazing!!
20190731_080954.jpg
20190731_081007.jpg

I've changed the design 2 times since then, and I plan on doing one more major change in the upcoming month. However, today calls for another task. Upon turning the enclosure around I discovered the most exciting thing I've ever seen....
20190731_080846.jpg

Egg sacks!!!!! Oh boy do I have my hands full, so many tiny little eggs. This is going to be fun. I cannot wait to share more about these guys with you all, they've been a blast to watch and care for.

On a side note, my free range is looking extremely exciting. After bringing home my second bonsai I feel the space is much more filled in. I cannot wait to finish it up as well as finally get to work on the enclosure. Boy oh boy am I excited to have my first little cham dude running around!
20190731_081731.jpg

Thank you all for your time! Have a wonderful HUMP-DAY!

Nice tank setup. Are they for feeders?

Also your chameleon has to be loving swinging like Tarzan on the TREE growing in your bedroom.

@Tony_S Yes they will be for feeders. This is the first batch of CB, so it's time to release my WC. Im excited to release them info the forest somewhere nice.

As for the tree, I'm hoping my little dude will absolutely love it once he comes home. I don't have a chameleon yet, but preparation is key.

@Tony_S Yes they will be for feeders. This is the first batch of CB, so it's time to release my WC. Im excited to release them info the forest somewhere nice.

As for the tree, I'm hoping my little dude will absolutely love it once he comes home. I don't have a chameleon yet, but preparation is key.

Just an FYI It is illegal and unethical to release snail's anywhere. I know this sucks, but it's reality :(.

If you are attached, you can keep them as pets in a smaller Viv, or you can uthinize them.

They are an extremely damaging pest. They can devastate a forest into ruins.

2 snail's can quickly become 1000s and destroy large parts of forest.

Same with eggs, if you end up with too many eggs to the freezer with them, for 48hrs or so. Then you can dispose of them, or eat them (people love snail eggs I am told in France)

I had a quick question for you, what temp are you keeping them at and how deep is your substrate? I've heard a few different ways to do it so just seeing what your method is. Thanks!

Room temp is fine. 60-80, they can handle higher temps I am told. Soil 2-3 inches if you want them to lay. You can also use this as a lay bin Techinique. Do 1 inch or so, everywhere and then make 1 place 3-4 inches they will lay in the 3-4 inches. That's what I think I'm going to do with the Viv I am working on. It makes the egg laying area easier to deal with to keep things under control. 1 snail has 100+ eggs and when mating they both get Gravid, so they multiple quick if not controlled.

Room temp is fine. 60-80, they can handle higher temps I am told. Soil 2-3 inches if you want them to lay. You can also use this as a lay bin Techinique. Do 1 inch or so, everywhere and then make 1 place 3-4 inches they will lay in the 3-4 inches. That's what I think I'm going to do with the Viv I am working on. It makes the egg laying area easier to deal with to keep things under control. 1 snail has 100+ eggs and when mating they both get Gravid, so they multiple quick if not controlled.
thanks so much! I'm going to work on my enclosure tonight!

This is awesome. I love how you made it a sort of display tank in addition to just housing the snails. 10/10 would keep that in my home
Thank you so much! I wanted to make something extremely appealing to the eye. It sits right in front of my door, so everyone who walks in gets to be curious and see the wonders of the snail.

I cannot wait to keep designing more cages. It's such a blast!

Back
Top Bottom