Smidg the tinyest panther

laurie

Retired Moderator
This is my latest panther. She is pretty unbelievable; she is 4, yes 4 months old with a body just short of one inch. I almost named her tiny but she is too small to be tiny. She is the runt of the clutch; I was able to get her from a friend as I have lots more time to care for her than he has. She moves around just like any other juvenile, & runs at the sight of the monster hand near her. This is the only picture as she won't even consider holding still

Attachments

• DSC02840.jpg
    DSC02840.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 168
Oh Laurie, what a dear little thing! :D She is soo small! What a cute itty bitty cham you've got! I love her name too - it really suits her! :D

Cute stuff Laurie! and how kind of you to care for it too. I hope she grows to become a much loved pet! :)

Smidg is adorable! :) I wonder if her attitude as she grows will make up for her size??? I hope she does awesome for you and grows into a beautiful, panther lady!

Hi Laurie,

so glad you have the time to post such a photo.
I've been waiting for some updated info on this cham since the UPS van broke down with her in it.
your hands must be quite small too because she looks larger then just 1" STV...but I'm sure she is that small, as you have no reason to lie.

I hope she is doing well.
how is she eating? good I hope.

this is going to be one tough cookie to deal with when it comes to food...
must try to help her grow, but at the same time not help promote eggs.

sorry if I've been busy and have not PMed you much.
life has a funny way of making a mess out of me when I'm just trying to catch up on everything.

oh, could you tell us more about her cage or container you are keeping her in?
what lights you are using, what dusts, so on for her care.
I'm sure it would help anyone who might have to care for such a little girl like you are doing.

above all, bless you for taking on such a wonder.

with love,
Harry

Hi Laurie,

so glad you have the time to post such a photo.
I've been waiting for some updated info on this cham since the UPS van broke down with her in it.
your hands must be quite small too because she looks larger then just 1" STV...but I'm sure she is that small, as you have no reason to lie.

I hope she is doing well.
how is she eating? good I hope.

oh, could you tell us more about her cage or container you are keeping her in?
what lights you are using, what dusts, so on for her care.
I'm sure it would help anyone who might have to care for such a little girl like you are doing.

with love,
Harry

I could tell every one about me having to track down UPS when he broke down but I guess that explains it. I was a mess waiting on her.

I do have small hands; I wear a size 7 wedding ring, when I not broke out. Also that is my little finger she is next too. No worry about her being a loved pet, she is already there. My husband swears I could love a pet rock. He over states things a little bit.:D

She is in a 5 gal aquarium. She has furniture make from wooden skewers and fake plants. When I go to mail my babies out I will get live plants for her. Currently she just has an 18" UVB, as the room is warm she doesn't need a basking light. I think she is eating as food goes away. I have never been able to catch her eating. I feed her 1/8 crickets, small phoenix worms and very small silk worms. Her food dish is a lid off a gal milk carton.

Thanks to all who had a look at my baby.

lol You finally got a pick of her. :D

very good name I like it a lot, I hope she is enjoying those silkworms.

-Clemonde

Thanks Jann, so far things are great but she only arrived on 6/2. It is so hard to stop watching her, the only thing that can get me away from her is my quad. That quad has to be the sweetest cham on the planet, and to think I adopted her, what a find!!!!:D:D:D

How many chams do you have? My two guys keep me busy. I don't know how you do it.

Actually it's easy, you have a life, I have chams. I have 12 chams, 6 dragons, 2 urosmastyx, and 2 skipperkee dogs, oh yes 1 husband. All but 2 of the baby veileds leave Wednesday for the 3 new homes. What will I do with all my extra time??

She'll be perfect to this tiny panther i red in here sometime ago. I can see it already... Miniature panther. My imagination running wild already. GOOD LUCK with her!

Back
Top Bottom