Smaller cage for Veiled

Setth

Hey guys, i have my Veiled cham from june 2017 i think so he is already adult now. He was first in 24x16x36 glass, then moved to 18x18x36 reptibreeze. Before his first year i moved him to reptibreeze 24x24x48. He is little smaller than average veiled (or so his vet said to me)

This year, we make some changes in our apartment, and i can't leave him in his cage. First i think thought i move him to 36x18x36 exoterra. But after some calculations i can't afford more than 36x18x24 (24 is height). It's not about money really, it's about space.

So here comes my question:

Can he stay for rest of his life in 36x18x24 exoterra tank or should i try to find him new home (give him to some one else) ?

IMG_20180208_140003.jpg IMG_20180508_122508.jpg IMG_20181008_093525.jpg

He definitely looks on the smaller side. A smaller cage might work but they really need the vertical space.

I am a little confused... You said this but your contradicting yourself.
This year, we make some changes in our apartment, and i can't leave him in his cage. First i think thought i move him to 36x18x36 exoterra. But after some calculations i can't afford more than 36x18x24 (24 is height). It's not about money really, it's about space.
So is it about money or space? He really should stay in the 24x24x48 that you said he has already been upgraded to. I think putting him in something anything smaller then what he has grown accustomed to would not be beneficial for him at all. Regardless of his size. It seems you are able to expand the width of the enclosure but are having issues with accommodating the height? Maybe looking at what type of stand his cage sits on would serve you better. If it needs to be shorter for the height to work. Again I am unsure though what the actual space issue is so I am not even sure if that is an accurate solution.

Beman - i had a plan to move him to 36x18x36 exoterra, but after calculations (not with money but with space) i can't afford (i mean i dont have enough space for that).
Right now i have 3 terrariums and i need to make terrarium wall. I need heat + light for every terra (light is not problem because i can use leds, t5ho etc.) Problem is with heat, because smallest dome for heat bulb that i can find is 11cm.
But you need some space for ventilation a cooling so 15cm above terra is minimum i think.
I have 1x 45 (18) tall, 1x 60 (24) and for veiled i would need 90 (36). Thats 195cm + 45 (15 x 3) for lights and we are on 240. My apartment is 247cm tall so that leave me with 7cm for wood shelfs. Then 1 shelf can be 1.8cm strong and that is not enough to hold 36x18x36 full planted vivarium.

Long story short - this is my whole problem :) It need to be nice looking wall too.
If anyone have some advice for nice looking rack system, please say it :).

Definitely a option, thanks for advice brody. My only concern would be feeding - even with feeding bowl there is chance for insect escape. Maybe if i stick with legless locust as staple... :)

Definitely a option, thanks for advice brody. My only concern would be feeding - even with feeding bowl there is chance for insect escape. Maybe if i stick with legless locust as staple... :)
I’m not saying ditch the viv all together. If he’s an adult you should only be feeding him every other day anyway so just feed him early in the morning while he’s still in his viv, no worries over escapees like that!

Back
Top Bottom