Small plants for cage walls?

I’d say take it out. But I’ll let @ERKleRose comment on it as well
Moss isn’t recommended for veileds
Aloha! I was curious if y’all had any ideas for small plants to attach to the side of my cage. I have been working on converting all of Melon’s plants to real ones but am a little stumped when trying to find small plants for the sides. Also, how would I go about attaching the pots to screen cage, any special mounts? Thank you in advance! Featuring a picture of Melon in all her glory haha, sorry couldn’t resist
I agree on taking the hammock out. Your idea for a center tree with pothos mounted around is perfect for chameleons, so definitely do it! Is Melon’s cage an Exo Terra 36” x 18” x 36” tall? If so, DragonStrand sells DragonLedges and a drainage system for it!

Moss isn’t recommended for veileds

I agree on taking the hammock out. Your idea for a center tree with pothos mounted around is perfect for chameleons, so definitely do it! Is Melon’s cage an Exo Terra 36” x 18” x 36” tall? If so, DragonStrand sells DragonLedges and a drainage system for it!
Melon’s cage is 30”Lx18”W”30”H by Zilla! So a tad bit smaller than the Exo Terra. I think once I get the hammock replaced and some more live plants it will be good!

Only your veiled hun. moss can be successfully used with other species... Just would not do it if you free feed. Could grab the moss with a feeder. But your veiled will eventually start trying it out. Toddlers they are.... everything in the mouth.
Only your veiled hun. moss can be successfully used with other species... Just would not do it if you free feed. Could grab the moss with a feeder. But your veiled will eventually start trying it out. Toddlers they are.... everything in the mouth.
thanks for the info. 👍🏻

Melon’s cage is 30”Lx18”W”30”H by Zilla! So a tad bit smaller than the Exo Terra. I think once I get the hammock replaced and some more live plants it will be good!
That is too small. The minimum for female veileds is 36” x 18” x 36” tall or 2’ x 2’ x 4’ tall, but preferably 4’ x 2’ x 4’ tall or bigger. Bigger is always better!

That is too small. The minimum for female veileds is 36” x 18” x 36” tall or 2’ x 2’ x 4’ tall, but preferably 4’ x 2’ x 4’ tall or bigger. Bigger is always better!
Ok... it is only 6 inches shorter. I realize bigger is always better.

You could get a second one and attach it side by side too. This would create a very wide enclosure which she would surely love.

Looking on Facebook Marketplace and other second-hand sellers will usually give you a big cage for a steal! Sometimes building your own can save costs as well (just not always). Getting another large Zilla cage is actually basically the same price as a Zoo Med ReptiBreeze XL (both high $90s-120)!

Looking on Facebook Marketplace and other second-hand sellers will usually give you a big cage for a steal! Sometimes building your own can save costs as well (just not always). Getting another large Zilla cage is actually basically the same price as a Zoo Med ReptiBreeze XL (both high $90s-120)!
Ok! I will definitely look on there, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom