Small plants for cage walls?

MellowMelon

Aloha! I was curious if y’all had any ideas for small plants to attach to the side of my cage. I have been working on converting all of Melon’s plants to real ones but am a little stumped when trying to find small plants for the sides. Also, how would I go about attaching the pots to screen cage, any special mounts? Thank you in advance! Featuring a picture of Melon in all her glory haha, sorry couldn’t resist

Attachments

• 7D7535FB-FEA4-40BE-A870-AA723C55F219.jpeg
    7D7535FB-FEA4-40BE-A870-AA723C55F219.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 91
Ah shes beautiful. I'm not sure how to help, my cage was a homemade one so it was strong enough to hang this pot in the top corner, not sure if you could do something similar but a pothos has lots of vines that you could maneuver around, so I suggest using one.

Attachments

• 20201219_111621.jpg
    20201219_111621.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 110
Ah shes beautiful. I'm not sure how to help, my cage was a homemade one so it was strong enough to hang this pot in the top corner, not sure if you could do something similar but a pothos has lots of vines that you could maneuver around, so I suggest using one.
Oh my goodness!! How adorable❤️❤️!! Thank you I will look into that. I have possibly thought about getting a tree that can stand tall in the middle and have smaller pothos around the sides. However, I would still like to find some small potted plants to attach to the walls. I do not have an awesome homemade cage like that haha and cannot attach much weight!

Oh my goodness!! How adorable❤️❤️!! Thank you I will look into that. I have possibly thought about getting a tree that can stand tall in the middle and have smaller pothos around the sides. However, I would still like to find some small potted plants to attach to the walls. I do not have an awesome homemade cage like that haha and cannot attach much weight!
Lol thank you, good luck with the enclosure💙

Aloha! I was curious if y’all had any ideas for small plants to attach to the side of my cage. I have been working on converting all of Melon’s plants to real ones but am a little stumped when trying to find small plants for the sides. Also, how would I go about attaching the pots to screen cage, any special mounts? Thank you in advance! Featuring a picture of Melon in all her glory haha, sorry couldn’t resist
Hammocks aren’t really used so I’d take it out. Can you fill this out please? These are links to plants and to attaching there are many ways you can buy dragon strand ledges what cage do you have? I also have a homemade one

https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf
https://www.chameleonschool.com/safe-plants-for-chameleons/

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Hammocks aren’t really used so I’d take it out. Can you fill this out please? These are links to plants and to attaching there are many ways you can buy dragon strand ledges what cage do you have? I also have a homemade one

https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf
https://www.chameleonschool.com/safe-plants-for-chameleons/

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.
I am working on disinfecting branches outside to replace her hammock! Also, thank you for the plant links. Her cage is 30”Lx18”W”30”H

Can I see your cage? I would like to see if I can find some way to help you attach things
On my other thread you may be able to see it! I can take pictures in the morning but it is night here. It is just a very thin screen and metal frame like all the basic reptibreeze cages if that helps much

Oh she is co cute. I have had success hanging small 4” pot off the screen. I attach them by cutting two small holes in the pot towards the top lip. Run some wire that has been coded in plastic something like bread tie. I have attached photos of a few plants that I’ve use with success. They are both vining plants one is the inch plant (the purple plant) the other is pothos exotica. I will say that my boy loves to eat the inch plant.

the 4” pots doesn’t t get so have that it rips the screen.

Attachments

• 7E404DC1-8AE9-4BA8-9E50-90AFBCAD8EF0.jpeg
    7E404DC1-8AE9-4BA8-9E50-90AFBCAD8EF0.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 87
  • F63CCE8E-E4BA-4AB7-A6C0-2941241EAE73.jpeg
    F63CCE8E-E4BA-4AB7-A6C0-2941241EAE73.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 72
Ok so I had one before a small one, what I did was put wire on the plant and hang it where the two pieces screw together it’s hard to describe but basically there are screws that put everything together. So unscrew it a bit at the top and pull the wire threw you may need assistance, after that screw it back and it should be tight enough.

Oh she is co cute. I have had success hanging small 4” pot off the screen. I attach them by cutting two small holes in the pot towards the top lip. Run some wire that has been coded in plastic something like bread tie. I have attached photos of a few plants that I’ve use with success. They are both vining plants one is the inch plant (the purple plant) the other is pothos exotica. I will say that my boy loves to eat the inch plant.

the 4” pots doesn’t t get so have that it rips the screen.
Thank you so much! That is very helpful!! Do you cut the holes vertically or horizontally on the pot?

Ok so I had one before a small one, what I did was put wire on the plant and hang it where the two pieces screw together it’s hard to describe but basically there are screws that put everything together. So unscrew it a bit at the top and pull the wire threw you may need assistance, after that screw it back and it should be tight enough.
Ohh ok, yes I understand, the frame screws! That is actually very smart thank you!

Thank you so much! That is very helpful!! Do you cut the holes vertically or horizontally on the pot?
Absolutely, I have cut them vertically. I have also mounted plants on to Cork wood and suspended them from the black part of the frame instead of the screen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 86
Absolutely, I have cut them vertically. I have also mounted plants on to Cork wood and suspended them from the black part of the frame instead of the screen.
If I may ask what is that stuff? I feel like your cham can ingest some of that and potentially get impacted

Back
Top Bottom