Small misting system

Pure

Ok my turn. :p

Is the Habaspit the only small stand alone system meant for 1 cage?

My problem is this. I'm about to get a mister well actually I need 2, but anyways. The mistking is overkill for just one cage, that will never have any other cages next to it. I also do not want water lines running all over my house trying to run multiple cages. The way I'm setting my room up I will have 4 cages that are not going to be close to each other at all. Summ's DIY is more along the lines of what I'm looking for, but to me at 100 bucks for parts I might as well get a mistking. One unit for one cage isn't a big deal, but have to do that for 4 cages and it adds up fast!:eek:

Marty doesn't make a smaller (cheaper) unit? If not....man you are missing out on business. Think about all the smaller units you would sell just to resell a bigger one to the same person down the road after their cham addiction gets them. This is just smart business. Forgive me if you've tried and it failed.

If habaspit is my only option, can you replace the nozzle to one that doesn't spit?

You really get what you pay for Pure. I haven't seen a decent mist system for under $100.

I didn't think Id need the expandability either....4 chams later... I'm glad I bought the MistKing.

It's really works great for my needs. I just take the pump outside and hook it up to my pre plumbed outdoor cages to use on "Sun days" and then take it back in when im done. I even have some of Martys nozzles on my patio umbrella, just hook it up and mist.:)

-Jay

And for just one cage I wouldn't have a problem. But 4 large motors running out of 4 5 gallon (unsightly) buckets..That is a problem. I know I will need the mistking later for other cages. But they will not be in this room. There is no chance in hell there will be multiple cages next to each other in this room. I have my bedroom and a spare room for that.

And for just one cage I wouldn't have a problem. I know I will need the mistking later for other cages. But they will not be in this room. There is no chance in hell there will be multiple cages next to each other in this room. I have my bed room and a spare room for that.

I got ya on that mate.:)

Check the classifieds mabey, you may find a used MistKing or HerpMist set-up.

-Jay

Yeah, That's just it. It's not going to be just one cage. The Melleri are getting a Mistking. They need at least 3 nozzles, I'm actually thinking 4. But there will be 2 more cages added next month. So this month I'm getting my misting systems. So I'm looking at having to buy 4 systems.

Eh I might just try the habamist and see if I can figure out some way of swapping out the nozzles. That technically should fix the problem with it. That is unless there just isn't enough head pressure from what ever they use for a pump.

Yeah, That's just it. It's not going to be just one cage. The Melleri are getting a Mistking. They need at least 3 nozzles, I'm actually thinking 4. But there will be 2 more cages added next month. So this month I'm getting my misting systems. So I'm looking at having to buy 4 systems.

Eh I might just try the habamist and see if I can figure out some way of swapping out the nozzles. That technically should fix the problem with it. That is unless there just isn't enough head pressure from what ever they use for a pump.

I had 2 habbamisters at one time, and found one had issues the other worked great. The nozzle directly on the unit I always kept off and found this helped the spray coming out of the other nozzle much better.

I've just started using the one again for my pygmy as I cannot put into my auto system (goes off for 4mins 4 times a day) way too much for the little one. The haba works great so far for this.

And for just one cage I wouldn't have a problem. But 4 large motors running out of 4 5 gallon (unsightly) buckets..That is a problem. I know I will need the mistking later for other cages. But they will not be in this room. There is no chance in hell there will be multiple cages next to each other in this room. I have my bedroom and a spare room for that.

Do you have a window (to the outside) in the room that your chams will be in? Put the MistKing system right outside the window, use a large BLACK (NEW) garbage can with a lid as your water tank, and run your tubing in through the window... Saves tons of space and its east to run a single water line between cages... Be sure you have sufficient drainage though!

I do this in the winter~! It works perfect! And I don't even notice the black water lines after a few days!

DEFINITELY get the Mist King system.. You'll be wasting your money and time to get anything else! I promise you! I have 3 of those stupid eletcric misters just sitting in the shed. Noisy pieces of crap...

Good Luck!

Thanks for the input. The problem is this is my "man cave" I do not want water lines running along the walls from cage to cage. :(

I promise you! I have 3 of those stupid electric misters just sitting in the shed. Noisy pieces of crap...

Really? :)

It would make more sense for me to hack up/try to fix some used units vs buying new ones..in case there is just no way of making them work to my expectations..How much you want for them? PM me if you wanna sell them!

Thanks

Yup I have a habba mister that I used for about 5 mins... and it has been collecting dust for years since. Worthless piece if crap... The cham I tried it on... ran in fear from the horrid noise the thing made... and the clumps of water it was pitting at her.

Yup I have a habba mister that I used for about 5 mins... and it has been collecting dust for years since. Worthless piece if crap... The cham I tried it on... ran in fear from the horrid noise the thing made... and the clumps of water it was pitting at her.

Joe,

Sell that thing! We also had bought one for our Female Veiled since we only use the foggers on the quads and it was horrible. It was loud, dripped or squirted more then sprayed but we were able to sell it on Craigs list last week so get yours out of the garage and make yourself a few bucks!

Joe,

Sell that thing! We also had bought one for our Female Veiled since we only use the foggers on the quads and it was horrible. It was loud, dripped or squirted more then sprayed but we were able to sell it on Craigs list last week so get yours out of the garage and make yourself a few bucks!

LOL... I would.. But it's like those Reptile Heat Rocks... Once you have it, You know that it is so good for nothing that you would feel bad making someone actually pay money for it. If someone on Craiglist came to pick that thing up I would have to yell "SUCKER" as they drove away. lol

LOL... I would.. But it's like those Reptile Heat Rocks... Once you have it, You know that it is so good for nothing that you would feel bad making someone actually pay money for it. If someone on Craiglist came to pick that thing up I would have to yell "SUCKER" as they drove away. lol

Well we told the guy exactly how it worked, we were very honest and did not scam him. He asked a few questions and we told him all about it but he still wanted it.

Well we told the guy exactly how it worked, we were very honest and did not scam him. He asked a few questions and we told him all about it but he still wanted it.

That's good. I wasn't hitting at you guys scamming someone.:) You know now that I think of it I have had people on the forum offer to buy it up, after my recommendation not to... they still wanted it. Now that I think about it, I think I am supposed to be looking for that thing.

But yeah... really... I can't believe that thing is still on the market.

I ended up finding a used habamist for 20 bucks at my herp shop. eh it works, but I've yet to get around to modifying it. New nozzles are on order.

Back
Top Bottom