Small feeders in a big cage

kaylie

How would I go about feeding climbing feeders in a big cage? Basil's cage is 2x3x4.5 and he will hide when I come near, so by the time I leave and he comes out to eat, the feeders could easily find their own hiding spot. I have locusts around the house this time of year and caught a few babies climbing on the wall of my greenhouse.

Limit as much as possible, any unneeded furnishings in the cage where insects can hide.
You might consider cup or bowl feeding. If its a very small lizard. :)

He's not really small, about 7 months, but the thing is these guys can climb out of a cup. There isn't anything unneeded in the cage, but a bug that size can be a :eek: to find in that size cage... which is why all other feeders go in the cup.

Unless your talking about cockroaches I wouldnt Worry Much, All else pretty much, seems to gravitate towards the warmth eventually, which ofcourse is up. If you place a container of food for the insects in one place, along with something to hide in, such as a toilet roll core, they will tend to stay there and eat and hide, more so if its warm. :)

They're baby locusts. I guess I'll pu them in the cup with some food... what do they eat? lol. I know grasses and stuff but what kind and will they eat grape leaves and such?

He's not really small, about 7 months, but the thing is these guys can climb out of a cup. There isn't anything unneeded in the cage, but a bug that size can be a :eek: to find in that size cage... which is why all other feeders go in the cup.

pull off thier legs so they cant climb but put the legs in the feeder cup along side the legless bodies so the cham doesnt miss out of that additional foodsource.

I don't think the legs are worth anything... these guys are the size of my nail, their legs are like cricket legs right now...
I guess I can try that though. But they're so cute :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom