small bsfl gutload

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
I put some bee pollen in small size bsfl inside of a large container containig 1000 is this ok? Thanks for any help!!

Definitely! Add in organic fresh fruits and veggies and spirulina as well (there’s a gutload list here in the food and nutrition tab in resources)! Or add in a quality commercial gutload!

Thanks!! They are small, I know they have to grow, just not sure what to feed them, Ive been gutloading crickets with ginger, garlic, broccoli and beepollen, I guess the same with bsfl?

Thanks!! They are small, I know they have to grow, just not sure what to feed them, Ive been gutloading crickets with ginger, garlic, broccoli and beepollen, I guess the same with bsfl?
Please read over this list and revise your gutload

Attachments

• 2DC0F752-2B73-4515-B7BF-EA3408832447.png
    2DC0F752-2B73-4515-B7BF-EA3408832447.png
    790.9 KB · Views: 131
They need moisture then, I've got small amounts of other worms and didn't like them, wax, butter, meal, super, havn't got silk yet

Wax worms, butterworms, mealworms aren't very nutricious, super worms are a little better, thatswhat I was referring to + my chams don't like them much, might eat 1 out of 10

Wax worms, butterworms, mealworms aren't very nutricious, super worms are a little better, thatswhat I was referring to + my chams don't like them much, might eat 1 out of 10
Butterworms and superworms are fine, as long as they’re not staples. Mealworms should never be fed, and waxworms can be fed as treats

Please redo your gutload, whether it’s replacing what you use with either organic fresh fruits and veggies, along with bee pollen and spirulina (attached the gutload list above) and/or a quality commercial gutload, like Cricket Crack, Pangea, Repashy Bug Burger, or Mazuri

I changed my gutload, I've had, do have cricket crack, + I use garlic, carrots, bee pollen and whatever fruit I have, usually apples or kiwi, sometimes grapes

Be careful of using too much bee pollen with the BSFLs! I'm obsessed with using bee pollen, but once upon a time I overdid it and used a bunch for my BSFLs and their substrate become this horrific goopy mess of a nightmare haha

I thought about that, but there are more bsfl in the container than substrate lol.. so it should be ok, when I put it in there they really started moving then the pile was gone lol.. seriously, maybe they just pulled it down into the container... I am in love with mulberry farms!!!!

Grapes aren’t good for gutload, please read over the list and only use foods from best and good sections

Is garlic safe for using in gutload?

I was wondering the same thing. While the following list is not chameleon-specific, garlic is listed as "seriously dangerous" to lizards. I don't know how credible that list is, but definitely better safe than sorry. I have never heard of anyone gutloading with garlic before and would most definitely avoid it. There are sooo many other options that are guaranteed safe

http://petcaretips.net/poisonous-plants-turtles-lizards.html

Back
Top Bottom