slugish and loss of appitite

road8514

I got a vieled cham
he is 4in not including his tail.
he has seemed to have had a loss of apetite he had between 20-30 crickets the other day and hasnt eaten since is this normal?
his eye also dont seem to be as far out any more. he seems to always be sleeping also?
any ideas?
thanks
joe

What are the temperatures in your chameleon's cage? Basking? Ambient?

What do you feed it with? Do you gutload the insects? Feed appropriate sized insects? Supplement?

How do you provide water?

Its not normal for a young chameleon not to eat and sunken/sinking eyes is not a good sign either. Is it lethargic? Does it keep its eyes shut a lot?

If a solution can't be found quickly, I recommend that you take it to the vets.

I am gut loading and i am also dusting.
I am dripping and misting
the cage temp is 70-77 amd the basking is 90 or so i would say. It is a 100w heat lamp ontop od the cage. with a perch 4inches from it
he is eating crickets and they are 1/2in or so and they are being dusted.
I dont know if he is not getting enough water or if it maybe getting to cold for him at night?
if it is getting to cold for him at night how do i go about heating it up without a light?

I got a vieled cham
he is 4in not including his tail.
he has seemed to have had a loss of apetite he had between 20-30 crickets the other day and hasnt eaten since is this normal?
his eye also dont seem to be as far out any more. he seems to always be sleeping also?
any ideas?
thanks
joe
Howdy Joe,
If he is really that size and he really ate 20-30 1/2" crickets (or did they just escape?) in one day then maybe he's impacted with partially digested cricket parts. Did he do that often and also poop a lot? I did a necropsy (you probably don't want to see those photos...) on a friend's female panther who's gut could be described as looking like it had 1/2 a roll of nickels stacked in it. Don't be surprised if your chameleon ate more that it could process. This is pure speculation on my part but if things are still looking bad then it's off to the vet. There isn't a lot of time to get this sorted out before it's too late. If it is a simpler case of constipation then things like a few drops of 50/50 Pedilyte and water and help. But your critter is small and there isn't much room for error - back to the vet as your number one choice at this point...

i tried to give him something to drink via a eye dropper but he wont take it. could i mix the pedelyt into the water i am dripping?
thanks
again
joe
I am going to dripp constantly untill i see him drink. i will just keep draining the collection cup.
if i new how to post some pics i would

Attachments

• cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 163
  • cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom