slightly unstraight cask

mrnice

Hi all,

Ive just bought a 12 week old male yemen and have noticed that the front line on his viel/cask on his head isnt pefectly straight, it has a very slight "s" to it, im talikin really marginal, is this normal?

Not to sure, but i asked the same question a while back as my Male Veiled has a huge veil, and it is slightly wavy from the front on.

Iiirc people said some of theirs did too.

14112010681.jpg

14112010679.jpg

14112010674.jpg

14112010662.jpg

14112010660.jpg

I've had many, many, many Veileds over the last 14 years and it is real variable. I've had some with casques that weren't real straight, and some with huge 'perfect' ones as well. Some people attribute it to Metabolic bone disease (MBD) which is surely the cause for some deformed or crooked casques, but I don't think that it is always the case. Like I mentioned, I used to hatch a clutch or two every 3-4 months back in '98 and they all recieved very good care. Some would inevitably have odd shaped casques and I don't feel it was from MBD as some of them with crooked casques grew into otherwise healthy adults and never displayed any other health problems.

I agree with most of what Jdog is saying. Not all casques are straight, even with ideal conditions. But to be sure he is getting everything, I would be curious to hear from you about your lighting. What kind of lights are you using for UVB? Is there any plastic or glass between the lamp and the chameleon? Does the chameleon get natural sunlight ever? What sort of supplements are you using? What do you feed the little guy? There is a sticky in the 'health clinic' titled 'how to ask for help'. Fill that out and paste it in this thread so people have an idea of your routine. Photos of the setup would help as well.

I agree with most of what Jdog is saying. Not all casques are straight, even with ideal conditions. But to be sure he is getting everything, I would be curious to hear from you about your lighting. What kind of lights are you using for UVB? Is there any plastic or glass between the lamp and the chameleon? Does the chameleon get natural sunlight ever? What sort of supplements are you using? What do you feed the little guy? There is a sticky in the 'health clinic' titled 'how to ask for help'. Fill that out and paste it in this thread so people have an idea of your routine. Photos of the setup would help as well.

same experience here with straightness

my cham had a crooked casque. it could have been mbd but its been taken care of. hhis casque got straight asit got bigger.

Back
Top Bottom