Slightly sunken grayish around eye??

That sounds exactly like what mine did! I didn’t want to do anything to risk damaging his eye so I just added an extra misting during midday (in total misted his cage 3 times a day). What calcium powder do you use during feeding time?
Zoo med Repticalcium without d3 and then I also have it with d3 for twice a month. I wish I knew of the pet store was actually keeping up on his vitamins but I started with them right away. I’ve added a couple extra mistings because earlier on the week we struggled with his humidity at night so I’m hoping this helps him out

Zoo med Repticalcium without d3 and then I also have it with d3 for twice a month. I wish I knew of the pet store was actually keeping up on his vitamins but I started with them right away. I’ve added a couple extra mistings because earlier on the week we struggled with his humidity at night so I’m hoping this helps him out
Hopefully that helps! please update me on how this goes, wishing the best for your little dude.

Hopefully that helps! please update me on how this goes, wishing the best for your little dude.
For those that have helped out just sending an update on jerry! He’s not completely clear yet but after some days of consistently higher humidity at night his eye is looking much much better! I can see the shed is starting to loosen and.the eye is not sunken in as it was last week. I’ll continue to keep and eye on it but appreciate the help.

Also, we’re pretty sure jerry is a female so now I’ll be studying laying bins if anyone has any suggestions on the best methods!

For those that have helped out just sending an update on jerry! He’s not completely clear yet but after some days of consistently higher humidity at night his eye is looking much much better! I can see the shed is starting to loosen and.the eye is not sunken in as it was last week. I’ll continue to keep and eye on it but appreciate the help.

Also, we’re pretty sure jerry is a female so now I’ll be studying laying bins if anyone has any suggestions on the best methods!
So glad to here that!! Best of luck with jerry, my babies have all been male so I’m not too experienced on that side of chameleon care 😄

My girls have preferred bins that are at least 12x12” long and wide. Depth isn’t as important as long as you can fill it to at least 6”. You’ll want to use play sand that has been moistened until it can hold a tunnel without collapse. Some do use a mix with organic soil. Just no coco coir, eco earth or other similar things as they don’t hold tunnels well. It’s best to keep the lay bin as a permanent part of the enclosure, so you may want to drill some tiny drain holes in the bottom.
E91769A5-7FFB-4A45-8FE1-61715B20FA1D.jpeg

Hey everyone! I know it’s been a little while and Jerry’s eye does not seem to be getting worse and looks better than it initially did but I still feel it doesn’t look normal and was able to get a better picture today and was wondering if it’s time to visit the vet?

Attachments

• 44F5C575-DDE0-409D-9FF7-3F1FE0B2958C.jpeg
    44F5C575-DDE0-409D-9FF7-3F1FE0B2958C.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom