Slightly Concerned

extrajordinary

Established Member
I haven't had time to look through the threads on here yet, but today I saw Leo do something he hasn't done before. He was on his vine near the back of his cage and he was HUGE. He had puffed up really big the way he does before he hisses at me when I'm too close...except no one was near his cage. Then he puffed out his chin and opened his mouth. He did this a few times. He was really puffed up for a while, then he went back to normal. Has anyone experienced this with their male veiled chameleons? Leo's about 8-9 months old. I don't have time at this exact moment to fill out the info. sheet so any general advice you can provide would sure calm down this worried cham. momma!

I haven't had time to look through the threads on here yet, but today I saw Leo do something he hasn't done before. He was on his vine near the back of his cage and he was HUGE. He had puffed up really big the way he does before he hisses at me when I'm too close...except no one was near his cage. Then he puffed out his chin and opened his mouth. He did this a few times. He was really puffed up for a while, then he went back to normal. Has anyone experienced this with their male veiled chameleons? Leo's about 8-9 months old. I don't have time at this exact moment to fill out the info. sheet so any general advice you can provide would sure calm down this worried cham. momma!
My little guy does this as well its usually right after he wakes

mine does that while he is shedding, to stretch the skin?

Another slight concern (didn't want to make an entirely new thread)...he hasn't been in his basking spot lately. Usually he spends most of his day there but I've noticed he's hanging out on a branch more toward the middle of his cage. His temperatures haven't changed so I don't know if I should be worried about this. Is he just finding new places to spend his time? Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom