Sleepy Mora

VioletsGrim

Chameleons are just so cute when they sleep
IMG_0546.jpeg
IMG_0490.jpeg

She’s adorable. 🤗 I love watching mine sleep…so much sweetness!
Hi and welcome. I know you just posted this to show off your cutie pie, but I do see a couple of things that I‘m wondering about. There’s so much bad info out there on care for chameleons and it’s hard to know what’s right. Did you know that veileds like to eat the leaves of their plants…especially the girls. Because of that it’s risky to use any artificial plants as it only takes one nibble to cause a bowel impaction. So it’s best to use safe washed live plants only. The humble pothos is amazing for chameleons. I also see that your vine is a bit close to the basking lamp, which is a big burn risk. If you’d like some help getting everything perfect for your little green princess, just ask. :) If not, I’d urge you to check out the most correct and current source of info. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/ Neptune the chameleon on You Tube is also a good source of info.

She’s adorable. 🤗 I love watching mine sleep…so much sweetness!
Hi and welcome. I know you just posted this to show off your cutie pie, but I do see a couple of things that I‘m wondering about. There’s so much bad info out there on care for chameleons and it’s hard to know what’s right. Did you know that veileds like to eat the leaves of their plants…especially the girls. Because of that it’s risky to use any artificial plants as it only takes one nibble to cause a bowel impaction. So it’s best to use safe washed live plants only. The humble pothos is amazing for chameleons. I also see that your vine is a bit close to the basking lamp, which is a big burn risk. If you’d like some help getting everything perfect for your little green princess, just ask. :) If not, I’d urge you to check out the most correct and current source of info. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/ Neptune the chameleon on You Tube is also a good source of info.
Thank you very much! I’ll have to get more plants for her enclosure. I will also be sure to lower the vine by her basking lamp. I do have a big plant in there that’s real as well! Should I just move things around while she’s in there? Or should I take her out? I just want to be sure I won’t stress her out when moving things around.

Thank you very much! I’ll have to get more plants for her enclosure. I will also be sure to lower the vine by her basking lamp. I do have a big plant in there that’s real as well! Should I just move things around while she’s in there? Or should I take her out? I just want to be sure I won’t stress her out when moving things around.
It’s best to plan all of what you are going to do and do it all at once. It may be best to take her out.

It’s best to plan all of what you are going to do and do it all at once. It may be best to take her out.
Sounds good! I will go get those plants (most likely tonight) and then I will rearrange. Is it okay to place her in the plastic container she came in while I do the rearranging? Sorry to bother you with so many questions. I had geckos in the past so I am more familiar with that. I of course did research, but like you said before some info may be wrong so I just wanted to make sure. :)

Sounds good! I will go get those plants (most likely tonight) and then I will rearrange. Is it okay to place her in the plastic container she came in while I do the rearranging? Sorry to bother you with so many questions. I had geckos in the past so I am more familiar with that. I of course did research, but like you said before some info may be wrong so I just wanted to make sure. :)
Ask as many questions as you want. :) I enjoy helping others. Yes, you can place her in the container she came in while you rearrange her house. We too often see people who have found the wrong info and the effects of that. Having a sweet little girl, it’s more important that ever to have everything as perfect as possible so that she won’t have any problems with egg production and laying.

Ask as many questions as you want. :) I enjoy helping others. Yes, you can place her in the container she came in while you rearrange her house. We too often see people who have found the wrong info and the effects of that. Having a sweet little girl, it’s more important that ever to have everything as perfect as possible so that she won’t have any problems with egg production and laying.
That makes me feel so much relief lol! Thank you for all of you help I truly appreciate it. :)

Back
Top Bottom