sleepy guy

yungzerk

Avid Member
this is todos sleeping spot for the night😍🥰😁
image.jpg

Hello and welcome to you and Todo!! What a cutie he is!!! Glad to see another member of the Veiled family!!! Poor guy is shedding around his eyes :( That's always the worst spot bc the skin can sometimes get stuck in there. Just wondering, how long have you had Todo? Anyways, thank you for sharing your wonderful photo and I can't wait to see more!!
<3 Love Daffie

Hello and welcome to you and Todo!! What a cutie he is!!! Glad to see another member of the Veiled family!!! Poor guy is shedding around his eyes :( That's always the worst spot bc the skin can sometimes get stuck in there. Just wondering, how long have you had Todo? Anyways, thank you for sharing your wonderful photo and I can't wait to see more!!
<3 Love Daffie
I’ve only had him a month! it’s definitely been a learning curve going from desert lizards to a chameleon but oh do i love this little guy, and i know i feel so bad lol this is his first time shedding since i’ve gotten him and unfortunately it started on his eyes, and of course thank you so much! there will be many more to come🥰😁

I’ve only had him a month! it’s definitely been a learning curve going from desert lizards to a chameleon but oh do i love this little guy, and i know i feel so bad lol this is his first time shedding since i’ve gotten him and unfortunately it started on his eyes, and of course thank you so much! there will be many more to come🥰😁
Don't feel bad, It is common for their shed to start around their face, tail, and/or legs!!! The first few months are always the toughest, but you'll get the hang of it!!! Todo looks like he's adapting well!!! I do see that you have a fake plant there on the right, do you only have fake plants?

Don't feel bad, It is common for their shed to start around their face, tail, and/or legs!!! The first few months are always the toughest, but you'll get the hang of it!!! Todo looks like he's adapting well!!! I do see that you have a fake plant there on the right, do you only have fake plants?
no, i have more real plants in my terrarium than fake plants. i know that veiled chameleons are known to eat their plants but it’s less likely when their little but don’t worry i plan on replacing all of the fake plants for real ones and adding more foliage within this week!
image.jpg

no, i have more real plants in my terrarium than fake plants. i know that veiled chameleons are known to eat their plants but it’s less likely when their little but don’t worry i plan on replacing all of the fake plants for real ones and adding more foliage within this week!View attachment 350369
Yay!!! If you're worried about your chameleon eating the plants, it really just depends on their personality. So far, none of my chammies have tried to eat the plants, but you never know!!! Looks like you have a lot of good foliage in there already, and I'm glad you're getting all real plants soon!! If you don't want to throw the fake plants away, you can put them in a transportation cage for vet visits and things like that :D

Yay!!! If you're worried about your chameleon eating the plants, it really just depends on their personality. So far, none of my chammies have tried to eat the plants, but you never know!!! Looks like you have a lot of good foliage in there already, and I'm glad you're getting all real plants soon!! If you don't want to throw the fake plants away, you can put them in a transportation cage for vet visits and things like that :D
that’s a wonderful idea, i also plan on reattaching some of them on the outside just so he can have some more cover. He also started shedding on his face today lol poor little guy!

that’s a wonderful idea, i also plan on reattaching some of them on the outside just so he can have some more cover. He also started shedding on his face today lol poor little guy!
my girl sheds once a month she’s still a baby it’s normal in my opinion they like shedding the old skin it’s in their nature their old skin restricts their movement as the body grows so they love once they can get it off and rub on all their branches.
Here are some photos of my chams last shed the only thing to look for is stuck shed on the tail or feet but your far from that and be sure not to spray her directly while he is shedding they are dry shedders

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0315.jpeg
    IMG_0315.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0313.jpeg
    IMG_0313.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0310.jpeg
    IMG_0310.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0314.jpeg
    IMG_0314.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 15
my girl sheds once a month she’s still a baby it’s normal in my opinion they like shedding the old skin it’s in their nature their old skin restricts their movement as the body grows so they love once they can get it off and rub on all their branches.
Here are some photos of my chams last shed the only thing to look for is stuck shed on the tail or feet but your far from that and be sure not to spray her directly while he is shedding they are dry shedders
what a cute little baby🥰 and that’s true i never thought of it like that, i honestly was just thinking he must be super annoyed and mad😂 and yes ill make sure to not spray him and let him do it on his own, the only thing im a little worried about is him being unable to get all the shed off his eyes but only time will tell!

what a cute little baby🥰 and that’s true i never thought of it like that, i honestly was just thinking he must be super annoyed and mad😂 and yes ill make sure to not spray him and let him do it on his own, the only thing im a little worried about is him being unable to get all the shed off his eyes but only time will tell!
How did your little dudes shedding go? Feel free to send a picture of his new coat whenever he’s done!

He looks like a really chill dude he has beautiful colors. Keep up the good work you take care of him well!
thank you so much this forum was a life saver! I think i’m starting to see some of his big boy colors coming in so that’s exciting🥰

thank you so much this forum was a life saver! I think i’m starting to see some of his big boy colors coming in so that’s exciting🥰
He sure is developing the adult colors 😍. I love the way the colors are with male veiled they are much more colorful than the female. I still love the beauty of my female veiled although I was wanting a male when I got her but the bond we have is set solid and she will be my only chameleon until I feel I have the experience to care for two.

He sure is developing the adult colors 😍. I love the way the colors are with male veiled they are much more colorful than the female. I still love the beauty of my female veiled although I was wanting a male when I got her but the bond we have is set solid and she will be my only chameleon until I feel I have the experience to care for two.
Very smart. Wait until you are ready for a second one.

this is the same for me! (also i think your female is beautiful i love her green) A panther chameleon is my dream reptile and i plan on getting one, one day but that won’t be for a looong time but i just think they’re sooo colorful and their little puppy eyes are so cute 🥰

Back
Top Bottom