Sleeping with head up

halesf98

Should I be concerned my Cham is sleeping with her head up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 182
My chams used to sleep like that until I out in some more plants and they got a little bigger. The only time I move them is when they are sleeping on the screen cage.

Chameleons need 12 hours of lights off time no matter what age. If they do not get enough sleep they will be lethargic and immune system may drop causing sickness.

Maybe it’s just me, or the angle. But it’s eyes look super sunk in, dehydrated?

They sleep in all sorts of positions. Did you address the husbandry issues that you had posted in the other thread? I know you got the better lighting... How about hydration and more branches for her? If I remember correctly you were over supplementing her which you were correcting. She will need to be getting proper hydration to avoid dehydration issues.

My chams used to sleep like that until I out in some more plants and they got a little bigger. The only time I move them is when they are sleeping on the screen cage.

Chameleons need 12 hours of lights off time no matter what age. If they do not get enough sleep they will be lethargic and immune system may drop causing sickness.
My Cham has been sleeping on the screen cage with her head up for the past few nights. You mentioned you move yours when it does this. Is this bad for her?

Back
Top Bottom