Sleeping while basking?

Maybe simply ditch the reflector.

Also, does anyone feel that a chameleon that sleeps during the day could be because they are bored? I mean, there's no stimuli with him and the only time action occurs is when crickets are fed to him and when I clean/handle him? I understand the reasons why sleeping in the day is a sign of trouble in the wild but in captivity, they have nothing to worry about.

Absolutely! Stimuli is underrated. :)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/dozing-during-day-54162/

Ok, I checked on him throughout the day and he was awake every time I saw him. I changed the bulb last night so I really think it could have been the bulb. I'll keep checking everyday and if I see him sleeping again I'll let yall know! I really hope this was a minor thing such as a light and I wont have to deal with this again :)

Also, does anyone feel that a chameleon that sleeps during the day could be because they are bored? I mean, there's no stimuli with him and the only time action occurs is when crickets are fed to him and when I clean/handle him? I understand the reasons why sleeping in the day is a sign of trouble in the wild but in captivity, they have nothing to worry about.

Has the issue been resolved? I got my panther chameleon yesterday and seem to be having the same problem and I wont lie I am freaking out a little. He is eating fine and all but the eye thing has me worried.

Back
Top Bottom