Sleeping spots

PoseidonTheChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I'm aware of the fact that chameleons will have 1 or 2 sleeping spots and take time to choose those spots. But I've had my cham for almost 2 months and he has suddenly stopped sleeping in his normal place. Hes changed his position in the enclosure to about 3 different spots now. Is there a cause for this or is he just changing his spot for no reason?

He may be going wherever it is warmer, or were he feels less exposed.

He may have abandoned that spot because he doesn't feel safe in it anymore or it is too cold.

I wouldn't worry too much, as long as there is enough foliage and eventually he is comfortable and asleep. 🦎

He may be going wherever it is warmer, or were he feels less exposed.

He may have abandoned that spot because he doesn't feel safe in it anymore or it is too cold.

I wouldn't worry too much, as long as there is enough foliage and eventually he is comfortable and asleep. 🦎
Ok thank you

So I'm aware of the fact that chameleons will have 1 or 2 sleeping spots and take time to choose those spots. But I've had my cham for almost 2 months and he has suddenly stopped sleeping in his normal place. Hes changed his position in the enclosure to about 3 different spots now. Is there a cause for this or is he just changing his spot for no reason?
They do this as they mature... Even as adults they can switch it up if you change a plant or branch out. Beman has 3 spots. Bane has 2 spots. And Baby Bentley falls out where ever he happens to be when the lights kick off lol

Have you tried flipping his mattress? :rolleyes:

If he's a baby/juvenile, this would not surprise me. What was "comfortable" for him when he was smaller/younger may not be anymore, and he's testing out new mattresses. :LOL:;)

They do this as they mature... Even as adults they can switch it up if you change a plant or branch out. Beman has 3 spots. Bane has 2 spots. And Baby Bentley falls out where ever he happens to be when the lights kick off lol
Ha! Carly does the same. 🦎

Back
Top Bottom