Sleeping on mist king

Muffin28

Hello!
Anybody’s Cham ever fall asleep on the mist king

I feel bad I didn’t catch it sooner to leave the light on for him to get to a more comfortable position

2DE7A8EF-0ECB-49C9-B420-DA24E0D61EF3.jpeg

Yep, i never knew they would find the first spot they could when lights go off until I got my cham lol. I was confused for a while until I realized it was normal.

Typically they go high like this out of a need for safety. Make sure the cage has enough branches and coverage so he feels safer. If the cage is new to him he will settle in and find a better sleeping spot when he feels safe in the enclosure.

I've not had it happen personally, but IDT leaving the lights on would make a difference. Many/most chameleons seem to bed down up to an hour or more before lights-out, so if yours is sleeping on the misting nozzle, it's likely because that's where he wanted to be.

If you mist at night, are there places where he can avoid being directly misted? Some chams like it and some don't.

I've not had it happen personally, but IDT leaving the lights on would make a difference. Many/most chameleons seem to bed down up to an hour or more before lights-out, so if yours is sleeping on the misting nozzle, it's likely because that's where he wanted to be.

If you mist at night, are there places where he can avoid being directly misted? Some chams like it and some don't.
I actually don’t mist at night because he hates it lol. He would hiss in the middle of the night so I turned it off. No yellow urates so I know he’s hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom