Sleeping lizards.

Cainschams

Sleeping lizards. (new pics added!).

Or lizards trying to sleep:rolleyes:

Trioceros tempeli male. He looks the same asleep as awake. Pretty damn cool chameleon if you ask me though!!
005-5.jpg

Trioceros ellioti female.
020-4.jpg

Kinyongia uthmoelleri male. Wish I could get a picture that does him justice when sleeping. His colors are electrifying!!!!
005-6.jpg

Kinyongia oxyrhina male.
002-4.jpg

Trioceros goetzei nyikae females. These girls get a nice light yellow/greenish color when sleeping.

025-3.jpg

027-2.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Jared, but where are the three I need to see????

What three? This is my massive collection now:rolleyes: Get this damn weather to warm up for a little bit and I should have 20 more:eek:

Thank you, Farrah!!! I love the goetzei girls..........and the rest of them of course :p

Aww they are just as KICK A** sleeping as they are awake!

So are you ready to send that Trioceros Tempeli to me? It would really make my day :p;)

Very nice Jared, but where are the three I need to see????

DOH!!!! I know now:rolleyes: I told Nicholas just to shoot me a message when he felt comfortable shipping the tenuis. Im sure the weather is worse in Minnesota than here and I wouldnt ship anything in this crap:( I do need those three Kinyongia. My Kinyongia to other genus ratio is way too low:D

Jessica, glad you like the tempeli!!! This guy is really really cool. He is already my most "personable" cham. Usually starts heading to the front of the cage when I come in the room. Or he will sit there and wait for me to put the feeders near him. Not much for chasing them down he would rather let them come to him. Little fatty he is:D Im really enjoying working with him!!

If you want I can give you a heads up on the next F1 shipment from Nick. He says there are supposed to be tempelis coming in sometime next month to early spring. They are fairly inexpensive compared to some of the other F1 species he brings in. All of the F1s I have got from Nick have come in great shape. They are not like typical WCs. They acclimate very quickly! At least the 5 that I have received from him directly.

Last edited:
DOH!!!! I know now:rolleyes: I told Nicholas just to shoot me a message when he felt comfortable shipping the tenuis. Im sure the weather is worse in Minnesota than here and I wouldnt ship anything in this crap:( I do need those three Kinyongia. My Kinyongia to other genus ratio is way too low:D

Jared did you tell Nicholas to not bother you with all 3 tenuis, you can drop one my way. Why would you want 2.1 tenuis? Do you thin Nick will get and tenuis in??

whats the saying, "let sleeping lizards lie" ? or maybe "lie down with lizards...."
ok so maybe not :p.
anyways very cool pics, the first one looks like a little old man, the yellow is too cool also.

Jared did you tell Nicholas to not bother you with all 3 tenuis, you can drop one my way. Why would you want 2.1 tenuis? Do you thin Nick will get and tenuis in??

I didnt ask him about tenuis but he usually gets them in every year. Although, they are usually always the same sex.

Farrah, no projects as of now. Just trying to keep them all healthy!! I had some captive hatched Kinyongia tavetana last spring and also some captive born Trioceros ellioti but they are all gone now. As of now, I have these rarer animals that quotas are low for each year. Around the 20s. I have had bad luck getting true pairs of the F1s. Im just waiting to see what comes available to pair up the uthie, oxy, goetzeis or tempeli with. Hopefully I can create pairs of at least one of these species this year. If I have no luck I am going back to the regularly imported WCs. Something like hoehnelii, werneri or fuellebornis. Yeah, live bearers rule!!:D

Thank you, Stanly!!!!

Jessica, glad you like the tempeli!!! This guy is really really cool. He is already my most "personable" cham. Usually starts heading to the front of the cage when I come in the room. Or he will sit there and wait for me to put the feeders near him. Not much for chasing them down he would rather let them come to him. Little fatty he is:D Im really enjoying working with him!!

If you want I can give you a heads up on the next F1 shipment from Nick. He says there are supposed to be tempelis coming in sometime next month to early spring. They are fairly inexpensive compared to some of the other F1 species he brings in. All of the F1s I have got from Nick have come in great shape. They are not like typical WCs. They acclimate very quickly! At least the 5 that I have received from him directly.

That would rock and I would have to label you as one of the coolest people ever! Regardless of what others have said about you :D;):p

Hey Jared, man I love those goetzei. I was drooling over the keyboard this morning looking at those. That male tempeli is awesome looking also. Thanks for giving us some cool pics.

Thanks, Scott!!! Lets hope for more of all these species so I can finally have some breeding pairs!

Here are some pics from today. Deep cage cleaning day so everyone got a shower being the dirty lizards they are. Sorry, nothing new. Just the same old non-colorful animals with very boring rostral projections, flaps and stripes:rolleyes:

Trioceros tempeli
024-3.jpg

030-3.jpg

035-3.jpg

Terrible pic but you can see the double gular crest the tempeli have. Very very boring!! Sorry for the fingernails, Chuck.
032-6.jpg

Kinyongia uthmoelleri
044-2.jpg

056-2.jpg

Trioceros goetzei nyikae

Female 1.
020-5.jpg

Female 2.
005-7.jpg

014-6.jpg

Kinyongia oxyrhina
078-1.jpg

061-2.jpg

057-1.jpg

069.jpg

Enjoy. This will probably be it for a while.

Man that uthmoelleri is glowing in that pic from today. Love the pinks and purples on his head. I know he must be awesome in person. Ive got my fingers crossed for ya on pairing those guys up.

Man that uthmoelleri is glowing in that pic from today. Love the pinks and purples on his head. I know he must be awesome in person. Ive got my fingers crossed for ya on pairing those guys up.

Yeah, that boy glows neon!! All the greens and blues that you cant see from the pics are electrifying! Wish I could get some pics that do them all justice but this is about as good as they get:eek:

Dan, tempeli are really cool. At least this male is! You should definitely get some! It would be nice to know some others with them so we could hopefully do some offspring trading in the future.

Back
Top Bottom