sleep??

chicagochang45

i was looking for a sleeping section in the forums but couldnt find it. how can i know if shes sleeping? where do they usually sleep? shes hanging off the cage wall. is that normal? i set a little bigger crickets today and i havent seen her eat any. would she be scared?

how long have you had her? its normal for them not to really eat well for 5-7 or even a few more days after being brought home as they are adjusting to the new enviroment.

you ca tell if she is sleeping if she is sitting still with her eyes closed. they need 12 hours of dark a night to sleep properly. is she sleeping during the day at all? they will sleep in strange places, dont worry too much about that! they will sometimes hang upside down in very strange positions but as long as they are healthy they will hold on like that all night :)

2 weeks, i worry about her being able to eat the bigger crickets, she doesnt really sleep during the day. lights run 7-7 but shes in my room and my lights are on longer. does that matter?

maybe try some smaller crickets. what size are you giving her? shes pretty small! i would try 1/4 and see if she goes for those. has she eaten at all since you got her home?

what i was doing when i had the lights on after my boys lights went off was wrapping a sheet around 3 sides of the cage so there was still ventilation but it blocked most of the light. they do tend to have a hard time sleeping if there is a lot of light in the room shining in on them.

i just switched from pinheads. i dont know the exact size of the crickets i just asked for some small ones. she has eaten pin heads but she shed a couple days ago so i thought id get her bigger crickets.

i would keep trying with the small crickets and see what she does if she doesnt eat any in a few days, get some more pinheads for her :)

what are you supplementing with?

only use the herptivite a couple of times a month. Make sue your calcium has no d3 in it and use that one daily. Get one with the d3(or if yours has it already) and use that a couple of times a month.

Back
Top Bottom