Sleep time of a 7/w Veiled

Hzerbi

Hi! Kiwi is growing way to fast, already an expert hunter, i was wondering how many hours of sleep do baby chameleons take? he sleeps arround 10-9 and a half hours.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-07-23 at 10.44.10 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-07-23 at 10.44.10 PM.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 95
He should wake up when the lights come on and sleep when the lights go off... is he not doing this? you should have his lights at 12/12

Night one? you have a bulb on at night? That may be why his sleep pattern may be a smidge goofy

its this purple kind of light, i read before having him that chameleons need it, are you sure that that even babies don't need it? @FancyRaptor @Andee

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-07-26 at 1.44.31 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-07-26 at 1.44.31 AM.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 78
its this purple kind of light, i read before having him that chameleons need it, are you sure that that even babies don't need it? @FancyRaptor @Andee
Yes, I am sure they shouldn't have it. Chameleons can see the light given off unlike some other reptiles. Therefore this messes up their ability to sleep. Just make sure that their cage is completely dark at night and that the lights are on a timer to go on and off at the same time every day. They need 12 hours on and 12 hours off.

If I were you I would check out this resource on lighting https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/lighting/ along with the other care sheets on here so that you can ensure you are providing the best care for your chameleon. Good luck!

I have a new baby Veiled as well and I noticed that he sleeps sometimes even with the lights on. He will close both of his eyes and and fall asleep. He will wake up when I mist him or go in to feed him. This isn't normal behavior? He's the baby cham in my avatar which was taken about 3 days ago. He is about the size of my pinky finger (very small).

He sleeps during the day? That is not normal behavior for chameleons nor healthy.

Back
Top Bottom