sleep in day! S.O.S

aussois

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Panther chameleon, female, like 4 moths and have 3 with me!
Handling - when is just necesary
Feeding - i always use crickets but from now i'm using cocarach, like 2 o 3, every day in the afternoon, fruits and dog food!

Supplements - Zoomed calcium, i use with d3 3 timer per week and without d3 the rest fo the week!
Watering - moonsone,12 sec per hour and one time per day i mistin 1 minute, yes she is driking it!
Fecal Description - brown and the withe part, doesnt look diferent!
Cage Info:

Cage Type - screen 60x50x50
Lighting - i use a exoterra bulb 5.0 + 2.0 + 75 watts spot neodinym! 10 hours per day! and i just change the 5.0 after he looks sicks!
Temperature - like 26-27 in the all cage- and 30-32 under the spot!
Humidity - 50-60 % because the mist!
Plants - Yes, ficus!
Placement - he inst got any stress like this!
Location - Venezuela

For now i'm trying to put in the sun like 2 o 3 hours per day! but i dont know what more i can do! so any advices will be awesome!

If you are supplementing with D3 3 times per week it is way too much. You should be using calcium with D3 2 times a month. That would definitely cause issues like you are seeing. Give plenty of water and stop using the supplements with D3 for at least 2 weeks to see if she improves. If you have hornworms or silkworms give those for added hydration to work the over supplementing through her system. If you are able to get her natural sunlight 2 to 3 hours per day you dont need to use any D3 supplements. Most of the D3 production should be coming from lighting anyway, natural is best but reptisun 5.0 UVB for indoor lighting when you cant keep her outside.

ok i will try that, but im used to give D3 to my other chameleons in the same schedule and they are just fine, thats why i used with thes chameleon. Im putting her into sunlight daily but she has lost her appetite so, how can i give her calcium if she dosent wanna eat?. Like i said before she is spleeping sometimes during the day but when i tried to touch her she behavies a little bit agressive, so i guess she is not that bad. if you have any other recommendation i will appreciate it. Thank u!

If you are dusting with D3 3 times a week for all your chams I am surprised you have not seen any issues this far. Scale back on the D3 supplements and try to follow what most experienced keepers do which is D3 twice a month and regular phosphate free calcium without D3 most feedings. The supplements are supposed to be very light, almost imperceptible when they are on the crickets. Your gutload choice should be the bulk of the nutrition you provide and not the powder supplements. They are only to fill in the gaps. I would say your #1 priority for the female is hydration. She can go without food for a while but she needs water daily and well hydrated feeders when she does eat. Try the horns or silks if you can get them. They go a long way to getting a chameleon well hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom