Skin issues. Worried.

Spinner62

Hello, im having issues with my girl here and idk what to do. I scheduled a vet appointment for her next tuesday but maybe i can be enlightened before then.
She is a female panther cham. About 1 year old.
She has not laid eggs yet nor has she shown any signs of it.
She has these burn looking things on her leg and top of her head, the base of her tale looks more like dry cracked skin.

We use a repti fogger to keep humidity up as well as spraying the cage 2 times a day. Been thinking about replacing the reptifogger to like a sprinkling system for her. She lives in a 16x16x30 reptibreez screen cage. Basking spot reaches temps of about 85. We have two live plants in the cage as well as fakes.

She has been not eating recently also, we have tried crickets, worms, and roaches. But she would just eat one and leave the rest.

But basically my question is, what is going on with her skin? Could it be too hot? Could she be burning herself on the screen cage where the heat source is? Is it a disease? Anything will help. If you need more info, let me know.
image-jpg.213927
image-jpg.213928
image-jpg.213929
image-jpg.213927
image-jpg.213928

Too me this look like a burn, can you show us a picture of the enclosure with bulbs wattages, brand and if possible picture of the empty box of the basking bukb?

I dont have the original box but i saved one from online. Thats the light fixture i use. It uses a 50 watt mini halogeon bulb for heat and a 5.0 UVB zoo med bulb. Have have left feeders in the cage but not in a while since she wont eat crickets anymore (im hoping for the time being) the heat source rests atop of the cage, i dont have anything to suspend it with.

As for neosporin, all i have is the anti-itch one, would that be ok?

Attachments

• 862E0599-7EDB-47B1-B0B6-8F72AF881651.jpeg
    862E0599-7EDB-47B1-B0B6-8F72AF881651.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 93
I will also give an update after tuesdays vet appointment to keep you all in the loop. Thank you all for trying to help also, id like to see pictures of all of your pets if thats ok ☺️

Definitely a burn, halogène are really strong light and can led too this, i suggest you to shut it down and to buy regular basking bulb( for tropical, so avoid box with a bearded dragon on top;) still look mild but if you can get silver cream is can help

Good new everyone! Vet said she is a good looking cham! The spots on her head and leg are mild burn spots. He said to just raise the heat fixture from the cage. She has strong bones and prescribed some vitamins just to help heal the burns and also told us to buy repta boost to get her eating habits back since she is on the light side on her weight. ☺️☺️

Back
Top Bottom