Skin Issues -- What is it... Abscess? (Pics)

just a question, does it appear to be coming through the skin, like from inside him, or does it appear to be on the skin?

just a question, does it appear to be coming through the skin, like from inside him, or does it appear to be on the skin?

It is very hard to tell. It looks like something grew on the skin itself and is being fed by a blood supply. It could be growing through from inside.

I hope not though.

You know on a second look this morning. I do think it grew from inside and through the skin.

The way the skin is pressed up around the lump. It looks just like someone pushed it through from inside.

That would also explain the live blood supply to it as well.

Starting to think this is actually some sort of tumor.

Its bugs me because he acts perfectly normal. If you couldn't see this thing you would think its just a normal chameleon sitting in his cage.

I'm quite curious to see what the vet says on this one. Looks very odd and painful but it is weird that he doesn't seem to notice it.

Never heard back from any vets yet. Ill have to call some tomorrow.

Looking at it again tonight, It really looks like it came out from inside his body. I think its a tumor of some sort.

If you don't get your vets to answer, I really suggest try one of the two I gave you.

I know its like a 2 hour drive each way for you, but then at least youll get a vet who can try to help.

Best friends animal hospital is probably the place to start if you do come up this way, because they are cheaper.

VCA, while a specialized vet, is more for sudden emergency issues than it is for something like this.

he isn't dying, or suffereing too much it appears, so seeing a regular vet would be better for your wallet.

Ive taken all my chams to best friends, and they truly care and know what they are doing.

If you don't get your vets to answer, I really suggest try one of the two I gave you.

I know its like a 2 hour drive each way for you, but then at least youll get a vet who can try to help.

Best friends animal hospital is probably the place to start if you do come up this way, because they are cheaper.

VCA, while a specialized vet, is more for sudden emergency issues than it is for something like this.

he isn't dying, or suffereing too much it appears, so seeing a regular vet would be better for your wallet.

Ive taken all my chams to best friends, and they truly care and know what they are doing.

I couldn't risk the two hour trip with the car I have. Due to some mechanical issues. I mainly ride a motorcycle for transportation.

I checked on him again today and he is acting perfectly normal. Great colors, active and alert. He still eats as well.

I am going to call two other vets here in town in a minute.

Got him to the vet this morning

The vets conclusion was the same as mine. It is some type of tumor and has a live blood supply to it.

He opened the top, and dug down into it to check for puss or infection. All he found was that it kept bleeding.

He stained a slide and checked for cancerous growth but found no cancerous cells just the usual red blood cells.

No mention of white cells either.

So no infection just a tumor full of blood.

He said on a usual visit he would remove, clean and suture the wound and be done. However after the bleeding from the poking and prodding today he felt it best not to do that today.

He decided that since he still eats, drinks, and is active. That we should take him home, let it heal over and observe it for a week or so.

His thinking was we could remove it or leave it be. So I am going to leave it be for a week and see how he is doing. Before deciding to remove it or not.

Its just an ugly growth but no real idea what it is or what caused it. I would be worried that removing it could be more dangerous than leaving it alone.

Got him to the vet this morning

The vets conclusion was the same as mine. It is some type of tumor and has a live blood supply to it.

He opened the top, and dug down into it to check for puss or infection. All he found was that it kept bleeding.

He stained a slide and checked for cancerous growth but found no cancerous cells just the usual red blood cells.

No mention of white cells either.

So no infection just a tumor full of blood.

He said on a usual visit he would remove, clean and suture the wound and be done. However after the bleeding from the poking and prodding today he felt it best not to do that today.

He decided that since he still eats, drinks, and is active. That we should take him home, let it heal over and observe it for a week or so.

His thinking was we could remove it or leave it be. So I am going to leave it be for a week and see how he is doing. Before deciding to remove it or not.

Its just an ugly growth but no real idea what it is or what caused it. I would be worried that removing it could be more dangerous than leaving it alone.

I saw this post while looking up tumors. My chameleon has the same thing. I was wondering what happened to your pet. Is he still alive? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

I saw this post while looking up tumors. My chameleon has the same thing. I was wondering what happened to your pet. Is he still alive? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
in addition to you asking for help here, you should start your own thread. The original poster of this topic may not even be on the forums anymore since this topic is years old. You shouldn't wait for help and can get some faster by starting your own thread.

Back
Top Bottom