Skin issue, potential fungus

cubanbee

Hi Everyone,

About a month or so my panther Pablo suddenly had a small white, scabby bump on his side. A couple of sneaky crickets had made it out of their cup and spent the night, so I thought it might be a bite. After a shed, the bump still existed and developed a crusty center, like a scab. At this time I also noticed another small spot like this.

Over the past two days, one of the spots has started getting a large section of white scales around it. Pablo shed just 3 weeks ago, so I'm not sure that this is another shed. His last shed came after a 6 week wait. My thought is fungus. I've already got a vet lined up for this week, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion here and also to post some pics for others as I really couldn't find any good, confirmed fungus pictures if this is indeed what's going on here.

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon, Male, Approx 1 year old.
Handling - ~ Once a week
Feeding - Gutloaded crickets, dubia, silkies and some supers. Gutloaded with homemade dry and wet mixes from sandachameleon's blog post recommendations (except for silkies who have the mulberry mash). His appetite does seem decreased, eating only a couple food items every couple days (unless it's superworms which he seems to have an endless interest in, but I know they are not great feeders).
Supplements - Calcium without D3 at every feeding, with D3 bi weekly, Repashy all-in-one bi-weekly.
Watering - Aquazamp misting system, 15 mins once daily. It takes him at least 5 minutes to even start drinking. Cage dries completely before bed time. He drinks.
Fecal Description - Brown with white to light pink urates. Never been parasite tested in my ownership.
History - I purchased Pablo from Craigslist 6 months ago and he seemed malnourished. Small cage, fed only crickets fed flukers, plastic cover over his UVB bulk. He was pure white when I got him! Since then I have corrected all of these items an he's been doing good up until these bumps and the waning appetite.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - 2x2x4 LLL cage.
Lighting - Reptisun 5.0, Halogen basking.
Temperature - Temp ranges from 70 at the very bottom of the cage to 75 mid cage to 88-90 under basking. Drops to 65 lowest overnight. Measure with in cage temp probe and a heat gun I use to measure his body temp while basking.
Humidity - My in cage humidity guage runs from 40-70%, the high being right after misting with my Aquazamp system. FWIW, the ambient humidity in my house is 40% today.
Plants - Pothos, Ficus Benjamina, Schefllera
Placement - Cage is about 2 feet off the ground in our kitchen nook. 90% of the day no one i in this area.
Location - Northern California

Current Problem - Pablo has some raised bumps and what appears like a spreading white area on his skin. His appetite has also seemed to decrease.

Again, I'm expecting a vet trip, but thought I'd get advice and some good pics of what I see up here. One image shows the bump on his right flank. The other, with the red circle, shows the area that seems to be "spreading". The white circle shows the full area. The red circle shows where it "bump" on that side is.

Attachments

• pablo_skin_1.jpg
    pablo_skin_1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 145
  • pablo_skin_2.jpg
    pablo_skin_2.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Update: The white area in image 2 started shedding. So that's good! Would love any input on the first image of the small spot.

Back
Top Bottom