Size of baby panthers

facelesdoll

can users please post photos of their baby panther chameleons, locales, and their ages? im doing a study to better help understand average sizes of baby panthers at different ages. please post 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, and so on if you can. if their age is more on the verge of say 3 1/2 months just state 3.5 months if possible. im just seeking out the best depictions of ages and size. and if there are some not so average sized(large for their age) i would like pics of those aswell. Please Please and Thank You, Dave

Last edited:
There isn't really an average. Variables like food and temperature are going to be a big part of this. Incubation and the dam's health play a part as well.

Eric thompson had some way way way little babies from somewhere or other.

Here are two male Ambanjas born 11/5/10 and sired by my avatar and breeder Jesse James. The pics are grainy but clutch siblings are displaying deep blues/reds. They are doing excellent and I am looking forward to their continued development.

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 209
  • male ambanja doh 110510.jpg
    male ambanja doh 110510.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 222
thanks everyone! thanks pshh you do bring up some good points. and as far as those ambanjas are concerened, WOW! your male pocus is astonishing! are any of those going to be made available? the male pocus looks almost ambato or ankify, i imagine he may have been collected somewhere inbetween possibly. possibly not. either way gorgeous!

Yes, they will be made available but I want to wait another month or so before offering them to the public. My breeder is wild caught, so details of his lineage are unknown. The mother was of Ankify lineage.

The clutch incubated for about 10 months or so (according to my log). I was unaware of it's existence and the eggs remained buried in a planter that was housed with another female. One morning, while cleaning my cage I noticed a dark blotch in a puddle of water and upon closer examination I realized that it was a neonate. Initially, I thought it was dead but it began to move after I picked it up. I placed it into a temporary enclosure and upon returning from work I noticed two additional chams browsing the same enclosure. Luckily, the female who was occupying the cage did not attack the neonates. I transferred the planter and neonates to a separate cage and I acquired 24 babies over the course of two weeks. The entire clutch is 100% healthy and doing awesome.

Enough cannot be said about the wonders of nature!

the best "incubation" i experienced myself was in a planter hanging from my ceiling part of a wall cage! 9 months later i woke to a female veiled running like a monster across her wall exclosure attempting to eat what nearly gave me a heart attack! babies poured from the soil like water, fortunately i prevented her consumption of young. from what i understand most people have great hatch rates and very vigorous offspring from a deep incubated clutch.

Lance told me that he was thinking about practicing that technique as well. I wish I could replicate the process.

Next time my female lays a fertile clutch, maybe I will just leave it in there (supposing this one even digs! Last time she just dropped them where ever.)

i may end up doing a bunch of deep natural incubations. just remember some of us have gotten phenom type results, ask around and see what others have gotten from the whole ordeal. it may just be a big waste of space and time. most people enjoy controlling each eggs destiny, keeping them seperated as they release chemicals that trigger other eggs to hatch. when not touching it allows the other eggs to "fully" mature. though if any of you have the heart to kill eggs, than just letting them incubate together wouldnt be a problem. i always find there are a very few eggs this way that never end up hatching and i believe they were never supposed to. maybe its not that they are genetically sensitive as chris explained into depths, but merely we allow the not so strong to survive and breed on, ontop of other things. ive heard the best results of this format are parsons breedings.

Well, actually mass hatches usually only Happen when a distinct diapause is broken during incubation. They all start developing at about the same time.

He also had some eggs that incubated for almost a year! The eggs were huge and the babies were enormous for freshly hatched.

The first set (DOH:11-15-10) is from my largest breeder 14K W/ a 1 year old female virgin 18 eggs.

The others (DOH:12-1-10) are from Ballor W/ a 2 year old female 31 eggs

Attachments

• 11-15-10.jpg
    11-15-10.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 11-15-10 (2).jpg
    11-15-10 (2).jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 12-1-10 (3).jpg
    12-1-10 (3).jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 12-1-10.jpg