single pygmy cham

okiroo

Avid Member
my mantis died after giveing "birth" to 3 ooths. im thinking of buying a pygmy to put in her cage. would one be happy in a 12x12x18 cage? if so i know it would only fit one. would a male or female be happier on its own? what do i need to keep one of these happy? im excited about mabey getting to extend my chams.

Yep that would work well for a single pygmy, of either gender. They tolerate others well but don't need to be groups. They do great all by themselves!

I have 2 in that size and I think that is pushing it sometimes. They've staked out their areas and for the most seem very happy. When he's in the mood I can tell she wishes she had more room though. ;) It's too small for 3 for sure.

I have 2 in that size and I think that is pushing it sometimes. They've staked out their areas and for the most seem very happy. When he's in the mood I can tell she wishes she had more room though. ;) It's too small for 3 for sure.

thankyou! who sells them? i cant find any for sale :/

Seems like there is a shortage. I haven't been able to find any either, at least not locally.

Just as an aside, if your cage is a 12x12x18, may I ask if it is all screen or a terrarium? Pygs like humidity and a terrarium or an aquarium work well. They should be set up to prevent the substrate from getting moldy. Check out my blogs, I believe I still have one on setting up a pygmy habitat.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/bocajan/527-creating-pygmy-terrarium.html

Seems like there is a shortage. I haven't been able to find any either, at least not locally.

Just as an aside, if your cage is a 12x12x18, may I ask if it is all screen or a terrarium? Pygs like humidity and a terrarium or an aquarium work well. They should be set up to prevent the substrate from getting moldy. Check out my blogs, I believe I still have one on setting up a pygmy habitat.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/bocajan/527-creating-pygmy-terrarium.html

its a tarrarium. screen top+ a little breather area under the door. i'll read that ^^

But i was told a 12x12x18 could house three pygmy chameleons just fine :S

That seems to be pushing it IMHO. I wouldn't try it myself. A really small space can make it harder to create microclimates they can move around in. Even small species will use the space they are given.

hey i have cb pygs for sale :) i only have two males left they were born 06/11 and are very healthy i have an ad in the classifieds if your interested ps-male bearded pygs

Back
Top Bottom