Simple lamp/light/etc choice

Deximus

I have my guy in a vertical screened in cage, I took the basic option two bulb lamp from the pet store and want to upgrade. I dont care about the science (iv seen so many articles about science, I just want the products), I just want to know the best all in one light options. needs to cover all basics for Chameleo, bonus if the lights cover plants down the road as I upgrade is home down the road.

No you will need a 75w incandescent bulb in a deep dome heat lamp as well. There really aren't options that do heat and UVB/plant light. Some species you could possibly get away without using a heat lamp and only the quad UVB but all depends on your environment.

Welcome to the forum.
I have my guy in a vertical screened in cage, I took the basic option two bulb lamp from the pet store and want to upgrade. I dont care about the science (iv seen so many articles about science, I just want the products), I just want to know the best all in one light options. needs to cover all basics for Chameleo, bonus if the lights cover plants down the road as I upgrade is home down the road.
I just want to know the best all-in-one cake recipe. 😁
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Chameleons need both warmth for basking and UVB for D3 assimilation. Since they live in rainforests & rainforest edges, they need plant lights as well.

https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

I've found it best (in a number of ways) to consider each separately.

A. Basking/Heat: (in order of preference)
  1. Household incandescent (not LED¹, ³) bulb
  2. Incandescent flood (not spot²)
  3. Halogen flood (not spot²)
¹ LEDs are very efficient, so they don't produce enough heat.
² Spots can burn; floods produce a gradient (preferred).
³ There is no one-size-fits-all; wattage will be trial & error.

B. UVB:
Linear T5 HO UVB, either Reptisun 5.0 or Arcadia 6%, running the full width of the enclosure.​
CFL bulbs (Compact Fluorescent Lamps) are not suitable for chameleons; they do not have the range or penetration.​

C. Plant light:
This is where LEDs shine (pun intended). They're the most efficient, most economical, and greener (no mercury).​
For a 24" x 24" x 48" enclosure, this one is excellent.​

I dont care about the science (iv seen so many articles about science, I just want the products),
😖

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom