Simba ate today!!! Yey!! (and pics)

KatCham

Established Member
Not out of his feeder cup :rolleyes: but out of forceps which I held ;)

He was wary of my hand going near, but when he realised there was a worm in the forceps he came toward it and lapped it straight away. :p

He took 3 small morios and 2 silks like this!!! :D

I've left one of each in the cup for him in case he wants any more today. I'm so pleased as he hadn't eaten for 2 days! I don't mind hand feeding him if thats what I need to do to get food in him!!!...I'm going to try feeding him by hand (forceps) every morning and if he takes to that I'll try and bribe him towards the cup, which I'll leave in there all the time so it is part of his enclosure and he won't be spooked by it.
Then if that is a succes, I'll start dropping the feeders in the cup so he has to take them out of there.
Then hey presto, he'll be feeding out of his cup (hopefully)
Will take time I know.
I'm so happy!!! I think he was too...must've given him a little energy spurt as he went for a good explore afterwards.

Oh, and while I had the door open I took the opportunity of snapping a few pics:

014-2.jpg

013-5.jpg

012-3.jpg

011-5.jpg

010-3.jpg

009-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

001-3.jpg

You do know I already love your little guy right? Now you have became on of the people that I need to at least look at every one of their threads so I don't miss what the kids are doing.:):):):)

You do know I already love your little guy right? Now you have became on of the people that I need to at least look at every one of their threads so I don't miss what the kids are doing.:):):):)

Awwww, thanks Laurie!!! We're 'one of the kids' Yey!!! So proud!! xx

He's a funny little man... and fifty faced!!! He's decided that he's afraid of the silks now :rolleyes:, probs due to their size. They grow too big before I can feed them off so I'm going to give up on those for now, while he's still ultra small LOL I still can't get over how small he is Tiff!!!

He ate a calci worm and 2 morios this morning, then like I say, on offering a silk he ran away so I've left 2 more morios in his cup should he fancy a nibble.

I've ordered some wax worms, some more dubia roaches and a fruit fly colony as an alternative to the silks.... I've heard they can't resist them so lets see how he fairs at hunting down those lil flies!! HAHA might even persuade him to hot foot it to the feeding cup when they first go in???

I'm only concerned about him putting some beef on at the moment and eating regularly, as he looks so little and scrawny bless him, so will feed him whatever he'll eat until he's bigger and not so wary of my hand and the giant scary silks!!!! LOL Then we'll try them again.

Poor thing, he probably thought it was going to eat him. :eek:

So thats the latest in Little Simba's life.

Will let you know how we go with the new feeders.:D

There's never a dull moment in my house now!!! LOL

You could keep growing the silks and let them pupate, but be preapared to fall in love with the cutest moths in the whole world!:D Silkmoths are just so cute and pretty! I couldn't bear to feed off the first one I hatched so I kept it alive for 9 days! :eek: The moths will mate and lay eggs and you can start your own colony of smaller silks for the l'il fella, tiny ones that he won't be scared of!!:D

You could keep growing the silks and let them pupate, but be preapared to fall in love with the cutest moths in the whole world!:D Silkmoths are just so cute and pretty! I couldn't bear to feed off the first one I hatched so I kept it alive for 9 days! :eek: The moths will mate and lay eggs and you can start your own colony of smaller silks for the l'il fella, tiny ones that he won't be scared of!!:D

I know...the silkmoths are sooooo cute!!!

I'm too impatient to wait for the resulting worms!!! LOL

I'll just try other feeders then when he's bigger go back to the silks.

I've just had a lovely post on RFUK from a girl who has just bought Simba's brother!!! She has called him Felix. I've told her about this site so hopefully she'll post pics soon.

So nice to hear from 'relatives' :D

Don't tell me silk moths are cute! I planned on buying some of those in a few months once my baby Camo gets bigger. He;s only 4 weeks right now, so not big enough to eat them! I can't have any more animals!

Don't tell me silk moths are cute! I planned on buying some of those in a few months once my baby Camo gets bigger. He;s only 4 weeks right now, so not big enough to eat them! I can't have any more animals!

Oh yeah! Theyare so cute! Here's a pic of my Moffy. They even wash their antennae like cats wash their whiskers!:D
Moffy1.jpg

Yikes!!:eek: I dont know about cute but having a close up picture makes it seem more of a pet than a feeder!! Its got a full coat of hair!! LOL!!! Are you sure my cham wont get a hairball from eating one of those??? :p

Back
Top Bottom