Silkworms

McJess

Hi!! I am breeding silkworms as feeders and would love to offer the extras to people in the northern Illinois area who need silkworm feeders! Is there anyone who would like to buy silkworms without the extreme shipping charges of ordering online?? Please comment on this thread to be on the list for when the silkworms are ready for pickup.

Do you think you’d be able to ship to Hawaii? There is a store that supposedly carries them on and off so they must be allowed to some extent.

Do you think you’d be able to ship to Hawaii? There is a store that supposedly carries them on and off so they must be allowed to some extent.
That would amount to an importation, which would involve some fees & red tape (see first link below). From what I can tell, someone imported some at some point, and then has been raising them within the islands.

See: Hawaii Department of Agriculture (recent thread)

See also: insect feeders in hawaii (combined search of google & archives)

I would love to learn how to do this! My little dude is most fond of silkworms and I can't afford to feed him the way he chows down on them! I am just south of Green Bay, so not stupidly far from you, but even so, I would rather learn to grow them than ship in the winter, no matter where from. I would love to hear your thoughts on how to do this!

Back
Top Bottom