Silkworms - Special Discount for CF Forum members

What is everyone paying for shipping, mine came up $20.96, seemed kind of high for a $9.99 order of silks. But then again, maybe its because of the recent gas shortage.
I do not remember which one I picked for shipping. I believe it was 3 day ground. But it was like $15 for shipping. Very on par with all my other feeder sites. Most have the option of Fedex and or UPS. I will not do USPS priority mail any longer even though it is cheaper since covid. Too many shipments not delivered within the delivery window or totally lost.

Hey guys, we are open for suggestions on shipping. Currently we are using FedEx. Even though the option displayed has FedEx ground, we are shipping all packages Fedex 2nd air. They offer us a discounted rate to ship our boxes and we pass it straight through. I wish there was a way to get them over at a better rate, so far we have a rate of 45% off the standard Fedex 2nd day published rates... we are still hammering through the details of it all. Thank you to everyone who has been ordering from us. We will do EVERYTHING we can to offer great quality Silks while trying to keep the shipping rates down. As we find more ways to save money, we will most certainly pass it along! :)

We shipped "test" boxes using all the major carriers. 3 orders each, sent to a family member across the country. We put meters the boxes to test temperature ranges, humidity highs and lows, condition of the shipments and time to destination.... the results led us to FedEx

We shipped "test" boxes using all the major carriers. 3 orders each, sent to a family member across the country. We put meters the boxes to test temperature ranges, humidity highs and lows, condition of the shipments and time to destination.... the results led us to FedEx
I prefer fedex personally. Even when I order from dubia roaches or rainbow mealworms it is what I always have the best luck with. I understand there is little that can be done when dealing with mailing prices. Also the fact that you have money that goes into the boxes and packaging you ship with. I just plan on the expense of shipping prices when I order feeders. I mean its not like your Amazon Prime :hilarious:

What is everyone paying for shipping, mine came up $20.96, seemed kind of high for a $9.99 order of silks. But then again, maybe its because of the recent gas shortage.
Yeah, if my shipping is equal to or more than the purchase price, I go to other vendors. Usually go with free shipping when possible

I still have silkworms... I have had them a little over 3 weeks. For those worried that they will grow too fast you can do food one day and none the next to control the growth rate. For one chameleon that is an adult on a diet this is how I make healthy feeders like Silks last a month. I have had absolutely no die offs either. :)

Back
Top Bottom