Silkworms or shrinky dinks 🤔

Did you do a drainage layer in your pots? soil gnats get worse when the soil is overly wet.
Noooooooo, but I did re-pot those plants twice now because I saw a tiny snail on one of them after the first time 😡. I completely washed all the dirt out of the roots and everything (clogged the tub drain), used organic potting soil, all that good stuff.
Stupid bugs!!

Noooooooo, but I did re-pot those plants twice now because I saw a tiny snail on one of them after the first time 😡. I completely washed all the dirt out of the roots and everything (clogged the tub drain), used organic potting soil, all that good stuff.
Stupid bugs!!
Shove a finger in the soil and see how wet it is... If it is soggy then this is the issue. I use an inch of clay balls in the bottom of all my pots. This helps provide a drainage layer. Some soil holds more water then others as well.

Shove a finger in the soil and see how wet it is... If it is soggy then this is the issue. I use an inch of clay balls in the bottom of all my pots. This helps provide a drainage layer. Some soil holds more water then others as well.
I'll check. With how things are going, I'll probably stick my finger right into some nice gooshy pooo 😩
Ahhhh, The joys of motherhood 🤱

I just wanted to add an experience that I had with my local pet store that is relevant to the OP. I found that my local pet store sells silkworms as feeders, but they are negligent with them. The last time I was there, I saw one container filled with poop, no food and all the silks were slumped onto their bellies; like they were not even standing on their prolegs. The container that I brought home out of pity had one dead, rotting silkworm on the bottom, poop all around, and a thick layer of mold on the food. I spoke with the manager to explain why this was a problem, but she said she didn't know much about them and thought scraping off the mold would be enough.

I took them home, even though I knew they would likely die of Flacherie as mold exposure is one cause of it. Despite my best efforts, they all died, as predicted. The first batch I ever bought also died of disease, except one. Back then, I had emailed a complaint, but they told me that they are "just reptile food" and not meant as pets.

So, anyone here think it's ok to feed your chams sick larvae? Apparently, this store does.

I just wanted to add an experience that I had with my local pet store that is relevant to the OP. I found that my local pet store sells silkworms as feeders, but they are negligent with them. The last time I was there, I saw one container filled with poop, no food and all the silks were slumped onto their bellies; like they were not even standing on their prolegs. The container that I brought home out of pity had one dead, rotting silkworm on the bottom, poop all around, and a thick layer of mold on the food. I spoke with the manager to explain why this was a problem, but she said she didn't know much about them and thought scraping off the mold would be enough.

I took them home, even though I knew they would likely die of Flacherie as mold exposure is one cause of it. Despite my best efforts, they all died, as predicted. The first batch I ever bought also died of disease, except one. Back then, I had emailed a complaint, but they told me that they are "just reptile food" and not meant as pets.

So, anyone here think it's ok to feed your chams sick larvae? Apparently, this store does.
I'm sure no one on the forum would ever knowingly feed their chams sick feeders. That's a horrible attitude for a pet store to have!

If you want to end up at the vet though, that's the way to do it 😢

Exactly! I didn't think anyone here would find that a good idea. I found it odd as well. They just tell me that they don't live long anyway. I only found out because I wanted them as pets, thus they weren't fed off before symptoms appeared. They only give you nine so I suppose a reptile would not take long to consume them. There was supposed to be ten, but that last one was already dead.

I can't remember which one it was, but the FedEx 2 day was about 40 dollars, and Josh's frogs FedEx 2 day was 14 dollars. 😕
I wish someone could explain why some sellers Jack up the shipping cost like that and others don't.
I paid 69 dollars over night shipping for my chameleon!
I don't get it!!
I ordered gaskets it took two days and cost $22 apiece for a gasket the size of a 50 Cent peice I was told by UPS that Amazon pays a dollar per package when they send out and when you return an item but when I bought my chameleon cage it was $264 shipping there’s got to be a better way It’s getting outrageous.....yet Amazon pays a dollar

Back
Top Bottom