silkworm suppliers in the uk?

danm5411

Hello all i am just writing to ask if anyone in the uk or ireland has a list of silkworm suppliers, currently the only supplier i am aware of is warwick insect technologies who send from coventry.
The reason i am asking is that my last 3 orders have taken more than 3 weeks even though they have had them in stock, every time i order they cock something up and they charge as soon as you place the order so I end up paying weeks in advance.
My last order was placed 3 weeks ago and i have been in constant dialogue with the people at warwick insect technologies, each time i ring them they say "sorry it will be with you in 2 days" and its been 3 weeks and now they say not till at least next week. It is not a case of them beeing out of stock which would be understandable but that they just couldnt organise a piss-up in a brewery.
if anyone knows of any other suppliers please can you let me know as i really am getting fed up of this and my cham isn't too happy either because he loves silkworms.
this company is a joke and treats its customers like a christian in an abortion clinic, they really do take the piss, i would even order from the US if there was any chance the worms would survive!

and as my father once said to me, "theres only two good things ever to come from coventry, the specials and the motorway out" so im not really surprised this company is a load of bullsh*t.

Also does anyone know if there is a time limit on when you have to recieve an order in respect to when you paid, im sure its 4 weeks and they have to refund you

Any advice would be nice

cheers, Dan

Hello all i am just writing to ask if anyone in the uk or ireland has a list of silkworm suppliers, currently the only supplier i am aware of is warwick insect technologies who send from coventry.

http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/silkworms.html - I know nothing about them.

Also does anyone know if there is a time limit on when you have to recieve an order in respect to when you paid, im sure its 4 weeks and they have to refund you

it would depend on company policy. But if you are ordering live silkworms how can they possibly take 3 weeks and expect them to be alive? It's not like the UK is all that big. I can get silkies across the US (3000 miles) in 2-3 days.

I know there are UK Chameleon forums you might want to check one out to see if you can get local info. Also, check with the member on this forum "treelions" - he lives in UK.

Good luck!

Dan-

We'll ship eggs and food to you in the UK. We don't like to ship live worms out of the US but we have in the past.

John

how much do you pay for silkworms in the UK

Per 100 of small silkworms i pay £9 which i think is equivalent to about $14US not including postage and packaging, they dont do any discounts on bulk buys either which can be quite annoing if your cham is munching through the silkies

http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/silkworms.html order their stock of silkworms in from the supplier who keeps messing me around so i try not to order from them.

Coastal silkworms - how much do you charge for the eggs and do they come with a care sheet etc? i am seriously considering ordering the eggs in because by the time they reach small silkworm size that would still be quicker and possibly cheaper(?) than me ordering from the uk supplier.

Dan-

We don't like to ship live worms out of the US but we have in the past.

also what do you charge including the postage and packaging if i did order some live worms? im thinking it may be worth a go, cant be any worse than my current supplier because they come about 30% dead by the time i actually recieve them, i would think it would be quite expensive though, is it possible to get a UK price list from you?

I only ship live worms to other businesses because they buy enough to make it worth the shipping price. So for you 100 worms would cost an arm and a leg. The eggs would be the best way to go, the prices are on our site as well as the shipping rate.

John

Back
Top Bottom