Silkworm size

The bugs should be no longer than the distance between the chameleons eyes! Like between the red lines in this picture. With soft juicy worms you can go a tad bigger.
20181210_170505.jpg

The bugs should be no longer than the distance between the chameleons eyes! Like between the red lines in this picture. With soft juicy worms you can go a tad bigger.View attachment 221800

I see our eat much larger pray. He'll gobble down a decent size hornworm which is clearly much longer than the distance between his eyes. I always thought it was no wider than the space between their eyes. Anyway, I find this concept confusing a little...

I see our eat much larger pray. He'll gobble down a decent size hornworm which is clearly much longer than the distance between his eyes. I always thought it was no wider than the space between their eyes. Anyway, I find this concept confusing a little...
Yes, chams can eat bugs that are as wide as the distance between their eyes, but like most other advice given to new keepers it’s generic and definitely played on the safe side.

Nearly all keepers asking this question do so because they have little to no experience. It’s in everyone’s best interest to tell them to play it safe with this rule until they have enough experience to know what can and can’t be safely consumed by their chams. Think of it as training wheels on your kids bike.

Reactions: iMi
Now that size has been discussed, can anyone recommend a good online source for ordering silkworms & hornworms? Or any other types of worms? In the past, I've used Mulberry Farms for my Phoenix worms. The quality and quantity are good, but shipping is often as much as the worms themselves. It never hurts to have a back up source. Case in-point, I went to Mulberry Farms to order silkworms and all they have available are eggs. I'm considering raising my own, but until I can safely do that, I'd need to get live ones too.

Thanks.

Now that size has been discussed, can anyone recommend a good online source for ordering silkworms & hornworms? Or any other types of worms? In the past, I've used Mulberry Farms for my Phoenix worms. The quality and quantity are good, but shipping is often as much as the worms themselves. It never hurts to have a back up source. Case in-point, I went to Mulberry Farms to order silkworms and all they have available are eggs. I'm considering raising my own, but until I can safely do that, I'd need to get live ones too.

Thanks.

I have had a great experience with Josh's Frogs. I ordered hornworms and they were perfect. Great prices and since they are in Michigan, shipping was very reasonable. Check them out.

Hornworms from ArmstrongCrickets.com, the have multiple locations across the country. I happen to have one in my state so I’m sure that is a factor in the major success I’ve had with them. My advice is buy based on location.

Back
Top Bottom