Silkworm question

ridgebax1

Avid Member
I got some silkworms for CJ. He ate most of them but when it was time for lights out, I noticed 2 of them on the floor of his cage floating in the water from the mister. I had yet to remove said water and the worms were still alive. My question is what do you all do with those type of worms? They were floating in run off and possibly poo water. Would they still be ok to feed or is there something that can be done to make them acceptable to feed the chameleon?

This is just me but I toss all insects that fall in the mist water just to be safe cuz of the bathroom matter I would not want him/her eating there poo or pee

Ya, poo water. Eww. But what I do is use a feeder cup for superworms so that doesn't happen, and then I put like Crickets in the feeder cup but also let some loose to let them hunt them down. Crickets die in standing water really easy so those ones will not be eaten like 99% of the time and you can toss those as well but ya using something like a substrate or carpet or something to keep the standing water to a minimum is a good idea. Just my 2 cents!

I throw them out as well for the same reasons. I just hate that they fall in there though. I let the silks and horn worms climb around on his plants. I have a dish for butters and phoenix worms and a feeder for the crickets. I was just curious as to what other folks do and it seems we all do the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom