silkworm food

It will last for about a month at room temp. But if you put it in the fridge, it can last around 7 months. Make sure everything is clean before touching any silkworm food or else they will die like crazy. Once they get bigger than an inch, it becomes less of a problem.

Last edited:
I thought wet food and made dry food will keep in the fridge for one month only???? Dry food unmade will stay good for a year.

I thought wet food and made dry food will keep in the fridge for one month only???? Dry food unmade will stay good for a year.

Hi Juli,

Where did you get the one year from? In my article (linked above) I say that the powder/uncooked can be refrigerated for at least 6 months. If unopened it may very well stay fresh in fridge for a year, but it is always a good idea to buy what you think you'll use up in 6 months.

lele

It will last for about a month at room temp. But if you put it in the fridge, it can last around 7 months. Make sure everything is clean before touching any silkworm food or else they will die like crazy. Once they get bigger than an inch, it becomes less of a problem.

You are referring to the uncooked chow I assume? Once cooked it needs to be refrigerated in a clean container with a well sealed lid and used within a month's time

lele-yes... I said dry food unmade. I buy the quarter or 1/2 pound bags so that I usually have them around. I can't see having any around for too long though.

Back
Top Bottom